Mylapore Walking Tour
Taking a tour via vehicle seems old school? Then try out this Mylapore walking tour of 2 hours which will take you through the famous tourist places in Chennai.
You will be visiting the famous Kapaaleswar Temple, Ramakrishna math and Saint Thome Basilica.
Have your delicious morning breakfast at a traditional restaurant.
Experience a bird's eye view from the lighthouse of Chennai.
Company of a professional tour guide.
Why take a vehicle when you can walk around and explore different things? This Mylapore walking tour is aimed at the same idea which lets you explore the place at your own pace. Mylapore is a cultural hub and a neighbourhood in the southern part of the city of Chennai. Mylapore’s history goes back to Roman times when it used to trade pepper and fine cloth with Rome for Gold! It was occupied by the Portuguese in the 16th century and later fell into the hands of the British till India’s independence in 1947. To get more into the details, book yourself for this Mylapore walking tour.
- Our tour guide will meet you outside Hotel Saravana Bhavan on North Mada street near the Kapaaleswar Temple in Mylapore at 7:00 am.
- We shall begin our walk at the magnificent Kapaleeshwar temple. Built in the 7th century this temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Built-in Dravidian style architecture it has a towering “Gopuram”. Guests can expect a mesmerizing experience of rituals and serenity inside the temple. After whetting our spiritual appetite, it is time to cater to the stomach! We have breakfast in a traditional restaurant which in itself is an integral part of the Mylapore experience.
- After this at 8:30 am we will be heading to our next destination in this Chennai walk, which will be a unique monastic organization called Ramakrishna Math, dedicated to Sri Ramakrishna the 19th-century saint. Guests will get to see the universal temple, the shrine, a beautiful Mantapam, a multimedia museum and an enchanting library.
- Next stop at around 9:30 am will be the famous San Thome Basilica, the principal church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Madras and Mylapore. Built-in neo-gothic style it was built by the Portuguese explorers in the 16th century.
- The last leg of this Chennai walk at 10:30 am takes us to the Light House of Chennai. The view from the top is magnificent and makes for a perfect ending to this walking tour of Chennai.
Please note - Time duration for the tour is of 2 hours
Guests can choose the places accordingly
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 950 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.