Angling in Coorg
Kaveri river in Coorg offers a good opportunity for Fishing. Valnoor is one such area. Angling is an activity where you catch the fish by means of angle or hook. This is the perfect place for fish lovers and also for adventure lovers.
- Angling experience
- Enjoy traditional Kodava lunch
Valnoor, Coorg offers professional anglers a great place for Sportfishing. Mahasheer also known as the" Indian salmon”, 'Fish of the Gods' & King off All Fishes' is one of the rare species of game fish found here. Varieties of other species can also be found like the Marals and Mapps. A large Mahasheer may weigh between 30 - 35 kgs. Fishing can be done for the duration of 3 to 4 hours a day. The valnoor fishing camp lies in the backwaters of River Cauvery River and is set amongst thousands of acres of coffee plantations and wild forest. The flow in these upper stretches is at a slower pace.
The preferred way of fishing is by lure. However, Spinning, Bait Fishing and Freshwater Fly Fishing methods can also be employed. However, it is not easy as Mahasheer is known as a tiger in waters, because of the fight it musters to wriggle off the hook. All fish caught must be released into the water and are restricted to a specified number of fish per day. Fishing in the dark is prohibited due to elephant menace.
- Arrive at the Fishing Camp in the morning.
- Indulge in Mahasheer Fishing around 10:00 AM.
- Enjoy the traditional Kodava lunch.
- Continue fishing sessions for 2 more hours.
- Wind up the tour after an exhilarating 6 hours of fishing and enjoyment
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.