Walking Tour of Maratha Empire in Pune
Pune, being the cultural capital of Maharashtra has a variety of ancient monuments which have historical importance, temples, ancient buildings, beautiful hill stations.
- Explore the famous & culturally important places.
- Understand the lifestyle & history of Marathas & Peshwas
- Visit the beautiful temples, Shaniwar Wada fort with our guide
It is a place where traditional and modern cultures coexist. The city is a bastion of arts, music, dance and theatre. Sawai Gandharva Music Festival is one of the most popular Indian classical music festivals in the world. In ancient times Pune was an agricultural town ruled by Peshwas and Marathas.
This walking tour will give you a great induction of the city, you will listen to wonderful stories about the city, its history and people, you will learn about its vibrant culture, fun facts and must do things in the city.
- The guests are required to report at Delhi gate of Shaniwarwada fort by 10:00 am OR 4:00 pm (as chosen) when booking.
- Meet the guide cum host for the tour here and begin the tour after an introduction with the host.
- The host will guide the guests through Shaniwar Wada fort, the childhood home of the founder of the Maratha empire.
- Next place of the tour will be Dagdusheth Halwai Ganapati temple, dedicated to the Hindu God Ganesh. The temple is popular in Maharashtra and is visited by thousands of pilgrims every year.
- The host will also take the guests to a lesser known place with Peshwa architecture, an administrative headquarters during the British era.
- The tour helps the guests to understand the history of the great Maratha Empire.
- The 2-hour tour ends at Bajirao road in Pune.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 500 Per Person