Shahjahan Tour - The Old Delhi Tour On A Bicycle
The Shah Jahan Tour is a classic option for an exhilarating glimpse into the life and times of the great Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan and the 1500 acre expanse of his capital – Shahjahanabad in the 17th century.
- A history tour into the times of the Mughals, when they ruled the capital know as Shahjahanabad back then.
- A guided tour of all the landmarks of historical importance.
- See the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Spice market and Civil Lines.
- Visit former British colonial area as a sharp contrast to hectic Old Delhi.
Today, when you pass through its four-hundred-year-old web of alleys held together with great big meshes of electric cables and infused with the smell of brewing tea and simmering breakfast curry, you see a mind-boggling co-existence of the past and the future, competing for your attention.
Emerging from this rainforest, thick with traditional architecture- typical of Shah Jahan’s time, you will find yourself in a Delhi of another time while you also see the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, the Spice Market and tranquil Civil Lines, the former British colonial area as a sharp contrast to hectic Old Delhi.
- Tour starts early in the morning at 6 am at the Delite Cinema, Asaf Ali Road near Turkman Gate.
- After an introduction with the fellow guests and your guide, we'll start the tour.
- Riding your bicycle through the century-old web of alleys in the old part of Delhi.
- We will visit Turkman Gate, Chawri Bazar, Fatehpuri Masjid, Spice market, Madras colony and Civil lines (established by Britishers), where we will stop for a tea break.
- After a quick refreshment break, we will resume our tour and head to the Old Delhi railway station, Chandni Chowk - The market area that has held its reputation of "You can get anything in Chandni Chowk".
- Coming out of the Chandni Chowk, you'll witness the grand Red Fort, standing tall.
- Followed by Red Fort and on the way to the breakfast place, we will also cross by the Jama Masjid.
- We stop by the famous Karim's restaurant for breakfast and post that we head back to Delite Cinema where the tour ends (estimated at 9 am).
- Well maintained comfortable city bicycles
- Chai (traditional Indian tea) & biscuits
- English/Hindi speaking guide
- A bottle of packaged drinking water
- Breakfast at the famous Karim's restaurant
- Helmets (optional, on request)
- Baby Seats (optional, on request)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1850 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.