Birding Tour in Kumrakom
Kumarakom witnesses migratory birds throughout the year. Birds fly ranging from places like the Himalayas to Siberia. This is a perfect place to understand the behaviour of migratory birds.
- Guided birding tour in backwaters of Kumarakom.
- Spot migratory birds.
- Understand the behaviour of birds
Watch the maximum number of the local birdlife with your knowledgeable guide in the surroundings Backwater villages. The closeby Vembanad lake body attracts waterfowl, cuckoo, owl, egret, heron, and the water duck, as well as the migratory Siberian cranes. Flocks of birds flying across the rice fields during the morning hours is a beautiful sight. Birds are seen here during their respective migratory seasons from November to February. Learn with your guide how to recognized moves and chanting sounds of each bird species. Later drive back to your hotel or next destination.
- Report at the Kavanattigara Bird Sanctuary at morning 6:00 am or early evening at 3:00 pm.
- Start the tour after the briefing session.
- During the tour, your expert naturalist will help you spot a variety of migratory birds in their habitat.
- Understand the behaviour of the migratory birds and good to know facts about birds from your guide.
- We will end the tour at the entry gate of the sanctuary after approximately 3 hours.
- All guests are requested to carry their photo IDs.
- Please do NOT wear bright coloured clothing as that will disturb the birds and spotting become difficult.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Kavanattigara Bird Sanctuary, Kumarakom
₹ 1225 Per Person