Village Tour of Vaikom
A guided tour of Viakom temple and around. Famous for its elephant pageants and traditional art performances, Vaikom village is where you witness the village culture & lifestyle.
- Visit Vaikom Shiva temple famous for its architecture.
- Understand the daily activities of the village
- Enjoy the traditional style canoe ride.
- Get a taste of authentic Kerala style cuisine.
Vaikom Shiva Temple, a typical example of the Kerala style of temple architecture. More popular as the ‘Kasi of the South’ (referring to the Kasiviswanathar temple), this temple is famous for its elephant pageants and traditional art performances. Vaikom Village is where you witness the village culture & lifestyle. At this quaint village, you will see how the local people earn their livelihoods. Observe their daily activities: Ladies weave coir ropes from dried coconut husks and see straw mats being woven out of wild pineapple leaves. Watch the local potter create a range of pots and vases, depicting ethnic designs in clay. A canoe ride in the narrow canals; there is no better way to see the life and activities on backwater at close quarters. Enjoy the boating on a nonmechanized traditional boat ( Kettuvallam ). End your tour with a Kerala family homemade lunch - a delicious blend of curries vegetable, fish or meat and rice.
- Report at Vaikom Shiva temple at 9:30 am & meet your guide.
- After the briefing session, visit the temple.
- Proceed towards Vaikom Village, here you get to understand the lifestyle & culture of local people.
- Enjoy the Canoe ride.
- Authentic Kerala food would be a perfect end to your trip.
- Service of English speaking guide for the duration of the tour.
- Authentic Kerala style lunch (veg).
- Activity as per the itinerary.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2425 Per Person