The Tale Of Ayamanam - A Village Tour
Kuttanad is also called "Rice Bowl of Kerala" is a green village with full of paddy fields. Experience the backwater lifestyle of Keralites.
- Enjoy the traditional canoe ride.
- Guided walking tour of the Kuttanad village.
- Pay a visit to the village home that found a place in Arundhati Roy's book.
- Interaction with a Kathakali (dance art form) master.
- Treat your taste buds with homemade Kerala style lunch.
Start your local immersion with a cruise on a Traditional canoe through the narrow, winding canals and catch the scenic daily life of the bordering houses. Walk in the heart of this typical Kuttanad village, Ayamanam - home of Arundhathi Roy’s novel ‘The God of Small Things’, surrounded by paddy fields and identify the snake's abodes, sacred to earliest habitats. The exotic beauty of the place as described in the novel is not merely the product of a highly imaginative mind. With Lake Vembanad bordering its western side and the River Meenachil flowing through it, the village has been abundantly blessed with Nature’s bounty. Rice fields cover two-thirds of the village.
- Report at Ayamanam village by 7:00 am,
- We will start the tour after a quick briefing and introduction with your host and guide,
- Being the tour with a canoe ride through the waterways of the village.
- Visit the home of Arundathi Roy's novel - "The God of Small Things"
- Interact with Kathakali master and understand the nitty-gritty of the rather intricate art form.
- End the tour with an authentic Kerala style vegetarian meal called as Sadhya.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2530 Per Person