Private Day Tour to Anuradhapura
In this day tour of Anuradhapura, visit Sri Lanka’s first kingdom. Anuradhapura is famous for its well-preserved ruins of an ancient civilization. This place also houses the oldest historically documented tree on earth, grown from a branch of the very tree under which the Buddha attained enlightenment 2500 years ago. It was also the center of Theravada Buddhism for many centuries and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The relic chambers like Ruwanveliseya, Abhayagiriya and Jetavanaramaya, stand as the largest manmade brick structures in the world.
- Visit the Island’s royal and religious capital from the 4th century BC
- Explore Mihintale - a mountain-side complex of shrines and caves revered as the birthplace of Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- 7:00am - Trip starts with your pick-up from hotel in Dambulla, Sigiriya or Habarana
- 8:30am - On the way visit Aukana, the tallest historic Buddha statue in Sri Lanka. The 5th century 40 feet high statue, was carved out of a large granite rock face.
- 11:00am - Arrive in Anuradhapura and proceed with sightseeing in the first kingdom of Sri Lanka. Visit monuments like Ruwanveliseya, Abhayagiriya. Visit Jetavanaramaya, world's tallest stupa.
- 2:30pm - Break for lunch at Heritage Hotel
- 4:00pm - Visit the 3rd century BC Mihintale Buddhist monastery. This is the place where Mahinda Maha Thero, the son of the Indian Emperor Asoka, met king Devamnampiyatissa in 250 BC which brought introduction of Buddhism to Sri Lanka.
- 5:30pm - We finish our tour and head back to your hotel.
- 7:30pm approx - Arrive at your hotel and trip ends.
- Roundtrip Transportation in Private Air Conditioned vehicle (Sedan Car or Van)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Entrance Fee/Tickets at attractions/monuments
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Service of an English-Speaking Professional Guide at attractions
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- Water bottles
- Lunch at Heritage Hotel
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6825.75 Per Person