Polonnaruwa Ancient City and Minneriya Safari with Lunch
Cycle and explore the ancient kingdom of Polonnaruwa - The well-preserved 12th century ruins & impressive stone culture recalls an inspired past. Although nearly 1000 years old, it is much younger than Anuradhapura and generally in better repair. The monuments are arranged in a reasonably compact garden setting and their development is easier to follow. Enjoy a three hour private jeep safari and witness the elephant gathering in Minneriya National Park. Watch as these huge animals drink, play and snack on the green, lush grasses that have been exposed by the receding water.
- Explore UNESCO-listed Polonnaruwa with ease on a private bike tour
- Watch for elephants, leopard, and other wildlife at Minneriya National Park
- 8:30am - You will be picked up by an air conditioned vehicle and driven to Polonnaruwa ancient kingdom. (Pick up is at 9:30am from all centrally located hotels in Polonnaruwa / Pick up is at 7:30am from all centrally located hotels in Anuradhapura)
- 10:00am - Arrive at Polonnaruwa and take a morning cycling tour of one of the better kept ruins of ancient Ceylon – the UNESCO World Heritage City of Polonnaruwa, which was the medieval capital of Sri Lanka. You will be cycling about 10km on soft surfaces as you whizz between the ruins.
- 1:00pm - Enjoy your lunch at The Wadiya Restaurant
- 2:30pm - Enjoy Minneriya National Park by Jeep. The extent of the Minneriya National Park is about 21,000 acres (8,889 hectares). Dry zone plant and animal species are common, and elephants are numerous. Unlike in other national parks, elephants can be spotted at a very close range. About 160 species of birds, 9 different types of amphibians, 25 reptiles, 26 fish, and more than 78 butterfly species have been found in this area. There are also rare bamboo trees not found in other national parks.
- 6:00pm - You will be taken back to your hotel
- Roundtrip Transportation in Private Air Conditioned vehicle (Sedan Car or Van)
- Entrance Fee at attractions
- Cycling at Polonnaruwa
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Professional Driver
- Lunch at Thidas Arana Restaurant
- Refreshments and Water bottles during the Game drive
- National Park Entry Fees
- National Park Private Jeep Safari
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8277.01 Per Person