Guided Tour Of Mahabalipuram
Planning a weekend getaway to escape from the chaos of city? Try out this guided tour of Mahabalipuram to explore the spirituality of the magnificent temples.
The magnificent Shore temple, chronicled by Marco Polo as one of the 7 Pagodas
Visit the incredible bas relief called Arjuna's Penence
- Explore the plethora of remarkable cave temples with mesmerising sculptures
Mahabalipuram is one of the favourite destinations to indulge into the spiritual atmosphere. Located in a small strip of land between the Bay of Bengal and the Great Salt Lake, this South Indian city in Tamil Nadu, is known for the temples which were built in the 7th and 8th centuries. These rock-cut temples in Mahabalipuram are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
To get more insights about these places, avail this guided tour package. Hurry up to get your spirits lifted up.
- At 7:30 am our tour guide will meet you and provide the tour orientation. We take the East coast road from Chennai towards Mahabalipuram.
- At around 9 am we will arrive at the World Heritage Site of Mahabalipuram.
- Panch Rathas or the 5 chariots will be our first destination. These are rock-cut monolith temples structures dedicated to Draupadi and the 5 Pandavas from the epic Mahabharata.
- We visit Arjuna’s Penance, a 100 feet x 45 feet bas relief where an entire masterpiece from the Mahabharata epic has been carved.
- The next halt is at Krishna’s Butterball, a curious sight of a 5 meters diameter ball-shaped boulder which is perched precariously on a slope and seems to defy Newton’s laws of gravity!
- And also the immensely talented sculptors of Mahabalipuram.
- At 11:30 am, the magnificent Shore temple beckons us. This 8th-century structural temple is made of granite and served as a beacon for seafarers of the time.
- At 2 pm post lunch, we will be leaving Mahabalipuram and head out to Chennai
- At around 3:30 pm you will be dropped back at your hotel in Chennai.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle
- Driver and fuel charges
- Any toll and parking charges
- Lunch during the tour.
- Services of a professional guide.
- Any entrance charges to the monuments.
- Pick up and drop to the hotel in Chennai.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Please carry your valid photo identity card.
- All guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses/sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Children of 0-2 years of age (accompanied by an adult) are allowed to join for free.
- Tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- The guests are requested to bring the following during the tour - Water bottle, camera and its accessories to you enjoy photography, sunglasses, sunscreen and umbrella (in case of rainy season or summers).
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Chennai Hotel/ Residence
- The local person's contact details will be shared in the booking voucher which is sent via email.
₹ 5500 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.