Bird Watching And Photography Tour In Corbett National Park
Tour India's oldest national park and take a break in the lap of mother nature. Let Corbett enchant you.
- Two jeep safaris in Corbett National Park.
- Nature walk amidst the dense and mystical flora and fauna in Corbett.
- Drive to Choti Haldwani and also a visit to Jim Corbett's house, Corbett waterfall and Barati Rao waterfall.
- Freedom to book your own stay.
Corbett National Park was established in the year of 1936 as Hailey National Park to protect the endangered Royal Bengal tiger. It is located in the Nainital district of the North Indian state of Uttrakhand. It is named after Jim Corbett who played a major part in the establishment of this national park. It contains 488 different species of plants and a diverse variety of fauna. The altitude of the region ranges between 360 m (1,181 ft) and 1,040 m (3,412 ft).
Day 1: Start day of the safari.
- Our hosts will meet you at your hotel/resort in Dhikuli village at your specified time slot in the afternoon.
- You will now go for a walk in the village and also along the Kosi.
- The walk will take you across the Jhula Pul (suspension bridge) to see picturesque Garjia Devi Temple.
- The walk is usually 3 km one way and takes around 2-3 hours. Otherwise, you can also go for another walk that takes you to the forest through the stream and an ancient Shiva Temple that is believed to be built by Pandavas.
- Both the walks provide good chances of spotting birds, plants and if lucky one can also see some animals during the walk.
Day 2: Corbett park safari.
- Next day early in the morning at around 6 am get ready after a cup of tea/coffee for some action in the Corbett National Park in a four-wheel drive open Gypsy.
- The experienced driver and naturalist will take you to the woods of Corbett National Park where you can learn about the flora and fauna. The forest is full of surprises and one can expect lots of birds and animals as it is the hotspot for birds and known for a healthy population of animals.
- After the safari into the National Park, you will be driven outside in the reserve forest area for another round of bird watching and photography.
- You may stop for a cup of tea at a local tea stall while having packed breakfast. The advantage in the reserve forest is that you are allowed to get down from the vehicles at some spots and use the gap between morning and afternoon time for watching birds at Kosi barrage.
- Post this you will be driven into the park for the afternoon safari for another opportunity to see the wildlife in their natural habitat. The forest looks completely different in the evening and also provides enough opportunities for wildlife viewing.
- After this, you will be dropped back to your hotel/resort.
Day 3: Birdwatching in the reserve forest.
- You will be getting up early in the morning for a full day bird watching tour in the reserve forest. In the winters you will have a chance to see the migratory birds like ducks and other species in Tumeria, Baur, and Haripura reservoirs.
- These water bodies are situated about 30-40 km far from each other and can be covered in the same day during the morning and evening period. You will be spending the entire day with packed meals.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel/resort.
- However, you can also opt for the Kumeria, Bhaunkhal, Machor area that is towards Ranikhet for a different variety of birds for either full or half day with packed meals.
- The area is hilly so there is a good chance of watching different birds and if the weather is clear you can also see the Himalayas.
Day 4: Checkout day.
- On the fourth day, you may get up comfortably and have your breakfast. Pack your things and start onward destination.
- Service of an experienced guide.
- Tour charges.
- Meals during the tour.
- Jeep safari charges.
- Permit charges to the national park.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 20900 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.