Rishikesh Local Food Walk
Take a walking tour of Yoga Capital & taste the variety of local cuisine and dishes of Rishikesh.
- Taste the authentic food of Rishikesh.
- Understand the food culture and food preparations.
- Enjoy the local stories and legends along with the food.
Get ready to taste the authentic best food of Rishikesh and feast your taste buds. Rishikesh is known for its ancient food culture, which is still alive and a visit to Rishikesh is incomplete without trying this mouth-watering dishes. Stroll the lanes with the oldest food shop of the Yoga City, taste variety of local street food. Sit on the side of the road and join in with the locals. We will try over 6 popular snacks/dishes/delicacies which will be a treat for your mouth. If one is exploring on his own, these food places which are in hidden lanes can be easily missed, so make your trip to Rishikesh memorable with this Food Walk.
- The guests are required to report at Little Buddha Cafe near Laxman Jhula by 12:00 noon OR 6:00 pm, as selected while booking.
- The host cum guide for the tour will meet the guests here and after a quick introduction with the group, the tour will start.
- The host will guide the guests through the lanes with the oldest shops of the Yoga Capital, tasting the variety of local street food and authentic pahadi (mountain people) cuisine.
- The guests will get to witness the preparation process of some of the trademark dishes at some popular cafes in the town.
- A refreshment break to sip a cup of hot masala chai in a clay pot with the unmatched views of Rishikesh.
- The guests will be tasting some local sweets like Arsa and Gulgula, these desserts/sweets are local to the region.
- The 2-hour tour ends near Laxman Jhulla and the guests can explore the local market at their own leisure.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- All guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses/sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Kids below 5 years of age (accompanied by an adult) are allowed to join for free.
- Children of 5 to below 12 years of age will be charged at child pricing i.e. 50% of adult price.
- Any member of 12 years or above will be charged at adult pricing.
- All members must carry a valid photo ID for the tour.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Little Buddha Cafe, Laxman Jhula.
- The local contact person details and phone number is shared in the booking voucher send to the guest via email.
₹ 1450 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.