Fort Kochi Old Town Guided Tour
Know about the history, architecture and culture of Kochi and the older parts of the city.
- Explore Fort Kochi with an experienced guide.
- Enjoy a tuk-tuk ride from Fort Kochi to Mattancherry
- Visit Chinese fishing nets and experience fishing with locals.
The city of Kochi is a kind of archipelago, scattered across a number of islands and promontories linked by bridges and ferry services. When you arrive in the city's old town, Fort Kochi, you step into a sleepy, humid, provincial old port, long ago occupied by the Portuguese, Dutch. The Willington island is a man-made island during the time of British, now it is the hometown of Kochi port and Indian Navy. Fort Kochi was the place where most colonial powers played a major role. The existence and preservation of the old colonial building along with the rain trees ambience of Fort Kochi add charm to this old town.
- The driver will pick the guests from the hotel in Fort Kochi by 9:00 am OR 2:00 pm, as selected at the time of the booking. and are dropped at St.Francis church.
- The driver will bring the guests to St. Francis Church where the guide cum host for the tour will meet the guests here and begin the tour after an introduction with the host.
- First place of the visit will be St Francis church, the oldest European church in India.
- From the church, walk to the Chinese fishing nets which are another famous attraction in Fort Kochi. The might just be able to experience fishing with the locals.
- Proceed to visit Fort Immanuel which is the first Portuguese fort in Asia.
- The group can break for lunch here, the host will be able to recommend the best local place to eat as per the guest's preference.
- After lunch, proceed to the Dutch cemetery by tuk-tuk (3-wheeled motorised vehicle), which is now managed by the Church of South India.
- Jewish Synagogue and Jew town market will also be covered during the tour, the stories from this part of the town are just fascinating.
- Mattancherry Palace, also known as the Dutch Palace is one of the finest examples of the Kerala style of architecture mixed with colonial influences. The aesthetic appeal of the architecture is quite unique in itself.
- The last place to visit for the tour is Santa Cruz Basilica, this heritage building of Kerala is also considered to be one of the finest cathedrals in the whole of India.
- With the tour ending, the guests will be dropped back to the hotel in Fort Kochi.
- Hotel pick-up and drop in Fort Kochi
- Service of a knowledgeable guide
- Fishing experience in the Chinese fishing nets
- Tuk-Tuk ride from Fort Kochi to Mattancherry
- 1 Bottled water per guest
- Monument entrance charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1500 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.