Camping in Narkanda and Hatu Peak Trek
A trek to the second highest peak in the Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, surrounded by dense forest of conifers, oaks and maples, the trek is a nature lovers delight
- Trek to the Hatu peak which is perched at an elevation of 3400 meters
- A great option for the beginners
- You will also visit the apple orchards, Tani Jubbar Lake and also trek to the Kotgarh valley
- Overnight stay in a campsite which is located in a serene location
Shimla serves as major bus link from all metros and from Shimla it takes two hours to reach Narkanda. Narkanda is situated at an altitude of 2708 meters on the Hindustan Tibet Road (NH– 22), Narkanda offers a spectacular view of snowclad mountain ranges. This is an ideal retreat for the tourists who seek seclusion in mountains. It commands a unique view of the eternal snow line, the inviting apple orchards and dense forests. Narkanda is famous for Skiing & Winter sports. During these days the slopes come alive with skiers. The skiing at Narkanda was started in 1980 and since then HPTDC is conducting Skiing courses every year.
Hatu peak is situated at an elevation of 3400 meters and only 8 km from Narkanda town through thick pine, Spruce and rhododendron forests. Hatu peak offers a 360-degree view of the snow-capped Himalayan peak.
Day 1: Arrive at the campsite in Narkanda
- All the guests are expected to reach the reporting point at Tani Jubbar Lake, Narkanda (approximately 70 km from Shimla) by 9:00 am.
- Check-in to the campsite and get ready to explore the nearby attractions.
- The guests will be guided for a short walk through the apple.
- The guests will also be carrying packed lunch along with them.
- The beautiful Tani Jubbar lake and Van Vihar will also be covered during the exploration.
- The guests can also opt to explore Kotgarh Valley, temples and the St. Marys Church in Narkanda.
- The guests will be coming to the campsite at the end of the day for a relaxing time by the bonfire before the dinner is served.
- Overnight stay would be done in tents on twin, triple or quad sharing basis, as per the group size.
- The guests can specify their accommodation preference in "Special Request" section while booking.
Day 2: Trek to the Hatu Peak
- Wake up to the beautiful sunrise at a campsite amidst nature.
- After breakfast, get transferred to the starting point of the Hatu Peak trek, approximately 8 km from the starting point of the trek.
- The first 3 kilometre of the trek goes through a thick forest and after which the trail opens up to the uninterrupted views of Himalayan mountain peaks.
- Once on the top of the Hatu Peak, the panoramic views of the Great-Himalayan range becomes clearer.
- After 30 to 45 minutes at the top, the descend to campsite will begin.
- The guests are expected to reach back at the campsite by 2:00 pm, after which guests will check out from the campsite.
- The trip ends here, guests may proceed to their next destination as per the plan.
- Tented accommodation on twin, triple and quad sharing basis
- Service of a knowledgeable guide as per the itinerary
- Hatu Peak trek
- Meals - Day-1: Lunch and Dinner; Day-2: Breakfast
- Transportation to and from the camping site
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Kids below 12 years of age are not recommended for this trek
- All local transfers will be in the shared vehicle
- In case of bad weather or for any other reason beyond the team's control, the trek can NOT be done, an alternate option will be given to the guests
- In case the trek is cancelled, a full refund will be offered to the guests
- For the trek, all the guests are requested to carry the following
- Closed shoes with good grip
- Jacket and warmer
- Water bottle (Although you will find many water sources during this trek)
- An extra pair of socks
- A chance of clothing
- Raincoat in case (during the rainy season)
- Hats or caps
- Camera and its accessories
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Tani Jubbar Lake, Narkanda, Himachal Pradesh
- The local contact person details and phone number will be shared in the booking voucher, sent to you via email
₹ 2425 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Manali, Lahaul & Spiti
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.