Morning Magic Hour Tour of Kolkata
Every morning, before the sun is up; the light-sensitive Neon street lamps of Calcutta go off just when there is enough light. We call this time the Magic hour and what better way than to see a city than when it's waking up.
- Catch the 1st Tram of the day
- The only Early Morning Tour of old Kolkata.
- Only untouristy spots to be visited to make you feel more like a local.
- Experience all the modes of transport Kolkata has to offer, Trams, Yellow Cabs, Ferries you name it.
- Breakfast at a hidden spot near the iconic Howrah Bridge.
- Savour the best sweets of Kolkata.
Kolkata (earlier known as Calcutta) is the capital of West Bengal and a major hub of East India. At one time Kolkata was the British capital in India and thereby had been greatly influenced by it. British style lamp posts and the yellow ambassador taxis that throng the streets are evidence to this. Commonly known as 'City of Joy', Kolkata is known for welcoming locals, street food, culture, literature, and most importantly sweets. This tour will let you explore the 'City of Joy' before the hustle and bustle begin for the day.
Before the bustling giant city wakes up, you’d have used all the iconic transport modes of Calcutta, enjoyed sights that are just ignored in plain sight, had breakfast by a hidden hole in the wall with an extraordinary view, gossiped about Bengalis and Calcutta in general, learnt the meaning to “Adda” and lot more about being Bong(Bengali).
Phase 1: Tram ride
- You will be meeting your host/guide near the Raja Dinendra Street, Shyambazaar.
- After you undergo a brief introductory session you will begin with your magic hour tour.
- You will hop on to the first tram of the day as the city enters the enchanting Magic Hour at around 5:00 am.
- The trams, which used to be the king of the roads, still rule the streets during the magic hour.
- Trudging through the sleepy 300-year locality of Calcutta in full throttle (Tram/Bong Speed), the next few hours are spent visiting some local hidden spots around the oldest part of the city.
Phase 2: The Walk
- You will bask in 200-year-old colonial architecture and the back stories of some of the office buildings as we drive through Dalhousie and reach India's Largest flower Market to understand what "Order in chaos" means.
- We also start identifying odd jobs performed by the people of the city which we ignore in plain sight but without which the city would lose its charm. The Waterman, mobile Preist, and Flowerman to name a few.
Phase 3: Breakfast and River Ferry
- You will be eating at a secret spot near the bridge and taking the river ferry to find yourself in the artist's village of Kumartuli and stumbling upon 250-year-old hidden temples in the middle of the city is what follows.
- Explore the iconic village which produces masterpieces of fine art made out of clay year after year consistently.
- The “unguided tour” as we call it is wrapped up savouring Chai (tea) in a bhaad (earthen cups), the best sweets of Calcutta and finding our way through the winding streets to the place where we began (the tour we mean).
- Service of a local guide
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Photography (soft copies provided after the tour)
- Snacks during the tour
- Ferry Tickets
- Tram Tickets
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.