Sakleshpur 2-Day Sightseeing Tour from Bangalore
A quaint little hill station tucked away in the Western Ghats in the state of Karnataka and is a refreshing getaway from the city life. Sakleshpur has a rich biodiversity which makes it a popular destination amongst nature lovers.
- Visit a beautiful hill station which lies in the Malnad region of the Western Ghats.
- Enjoy the stunning view of 3 hills including Kumaraparvatha at Bisle Ghat viewpoint.
- The landmark fort, the star-shaped Manjrabad fort built by Tipu Sultan.
- A great getaway from Bangalore all year round, expect monsoons.
The town lies in the Malnad region on the hills of the biodiversity hotspot, the Western Ghats. The town is surrounded by lofty green hills covered with coffee, cardamom, pepper and areca plantations. Manjarabad Fort, Sakleshwara Temple, Agni Gudda Hill, Magajahalli Waterfalls, Betta Byraveshwara Temple, Hemavathi Dam, and Agni Gudda are some of the popular places to visit in Sakleshpur. Take this sightseeing tour and visit the important destinations and stay close to nature.
Day 1: Drive from Bangalore to Sakleshpur, visit Shettihalli church and Bisle Ghat viewpoint.
- The tour starts with the pick-up from the guest's hotel/residence in Bangalore city at the time selected during the booking.
- The drive to Sakleshpur is about 220 km from Bangalore and the road goes through the town of Hassan.
- On the way, visit Shettihalli church, built by the French missionaries the 1860s. The complete church gets submerged in water during rainy season.
- The guests should reach Sakleshpur is by lunchtime.
- Post lunch, visit Bisle ghat viewpoint, from here one can get astonishing views of the three mountain peaks including Kumara Parvatha, Pushpagiri and Dodda Betta.
- Later in the evening, the guests will be dropped to their hotel/residence in Sakleshpur.
Day 2: Visit Manjrabad Fort, Hemavathi backwaters and drive back to Bangalore
- After breakfast, start the tour with the visit to Sri Sakleshpura Swamy temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, the temple is a popular tourist attraction. Built between 11th and 14th Century, the temple is considered to be the oldest in the state of Karnataka.
- Next, visit the iconic Manjjarabad Fort that highlights the Islamic architecture style and the classic arched entrances. The fort was built by Tipu Sultan as an army fort in order to set up a defensive post. Built in a star formation, the fort controls the ways of the nearby coastal areas, which in those times could be used to access the Deccan plateau beyond Sakleshpur.
- Visit Hemavati dam before starting the return journey to Bangalore.
- By late evening, the guests will be dropped back to their hotel/residence in Bangalore (same as the starting point).
- All transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Pick up and drop off (Bangalore city limits).
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Driver meals and accommodation.
- Sightseeing tour.
- Usage of the vehicle up to 700 KM.
- Any cab parking charges and highway toll charges.
- Accommodation and meals for the guests.
- Any personal expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- The guests may choose to skip or add any new attraction in the destination of the tour.
- Pick-up address and drop address at the end of the tour should be the same.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 300 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a kilometre limit of 700 kilometres.
- After 700 kilometres, additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver).
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs.12 per km (additional kilometre charge).
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs.15 per km (additional kilometre charge).
- This is not a guided tour.
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested for during the booking in "Special Request" section, though the same cannot be promised.
- Full refund if cancelled before* 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Hotel/Residence address in Bangalore city limits, provided during the booking.
- The driver details, contact number and cab details are shared 2 to 4 hours prior to the start time of the tour.
- The driver will pick up the guests from the pickup address, so please provide the complete address in the booking check out page.
₹ 10500 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.