Sakleshpur 2-Day Sightseeing Tour from Bangalore
A quaint little hill station tucked away in the Western Ghats in the state of Karnataka is a refreshing getaway from city life. Sakleshpur has a rich biodiversity, which makes it a popular destination among nature lovers.
- Visit a beautiful hill station that lies in the Malnad region of the Western Ghats.
- Enjoy the stunning view of 3 hills, including Kumaraparvatha, at the Bisle Ghat viewpoint.
- The landmark fort, the star-shaped Manjrabad fort, was built by Tipu Sultan.
- A great getaway from Bangalore all year round, expect monsoons.
For any specific queries, click on the 'Chat' button or WhatsApp using this link Click here
The town lies in the Malnad region on the hills of the biodiversity hotspot, the Western Ghats. The town is surrounded by lofty green hills covered with coffee, cardamom, pepper, and areca plantations. Manjarabad Fort, Sakleshwara Temple, Agni Gudda Hill, Magajahalli Waterfalls, Betta Byraveshwara Temple, Hemavathi Dam, and Agni Gudda are some of the popular places to visit in Sakleshpur. Take this sightseeing tour, visit the important destinations, and stay close to nature.
Sakleshpur 2-Day Sightseeing Tour from Bangalore: A Suggested Itinerary
Day 1: Drive from Bangalore to Sakleshpur, visit Shettihalli church and Bisle Ghat viewpoint.
- The tour starts with a pick-up from the guest's hotel/residence in Bangalore city at the time selected during the booking.
- The drive to Sakleshpur is about 220 km from Bangalore, and the road goes through the town of Hassan.
- On the way, visit Shettihalli Church, built by the French missionaries in the 1860s. The entire church gets submerged in water during the rainy season.
- The guests should reach Sakleshpur by lunchtime.
- Post lunch, visit Bisle Ghat viewpoint; from here, one can get astonishing views of the three mountain peaks, including Kumara Parvatha, Pushpagiri, and Dodda Betta.
- Later in the evening, the guests will be dropped off at their hotel/residence in Sakleshpur.
Day 2: Visit Manjrabad Fort, Hemavathi backwaters and drive back to Bangalore
- After breakfast, start the tour with a visit to Sri Sakleshpura Swamy Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is a popular tourist attraction. Built between the 11th and 14th centuries, the temple is considered to be the oldest in the state of Karnataka.
- Next, visit the iconic Manjjarabad Fort, which highlights the Islamic architecture style and the classic arched entrances. The fort was built by Tipu Sultan as an army fort in order to set up a defensive post. Built in a star formation, the fort controls the ways of the nearby coastal areas, which in those times could be used to access the Deccan plateau beyond Sakleshpur.
- Visit Hemavati Dam before starting the return journey to Bangalore.
- By late evening, the guests will be dropped back at their hotel/residence in Bangalore (same as the starting point).
- This is not a guided tour.
- The driver will not serve as a guide but will be familiar with all the places to visit.
- The itinerary mentioned here is only a suggestive itinerary; guests can skip or add places to visit.
- This is an outstation tour; hence, the vehicle cannot be used for the local Bangalore city tour.
Other Prominent Places and temples to visit
- Bettada Bhairaveshwara Temple: Located atop a hill, this ancient temple is dedicated to Lord Bhairava. It offers stunning panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
- Mookanamane Abbi Falls Temple: Near the Mookanamane Abbi Falls, there is a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Visitors often visit this temple as part of their trip to the falls.
- Sri Sakaleshwara Swamy Temple: This historic temple is located in Sakleshpur town itself. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is believed to be several centuries old.
- Kukke Subramanya Temple: While not in Sakleshpur, Kukke Subramanya Temple is a famous pilgrimage site located nearby. It is dedicated to Lord Subramanya and is visited by thousands of devotees every year.
- Shringeri Sharadamba Temple: Although a bit farther away, Shringeri Sharadamba Temple is a significant pilgrimage site dedicated to the goddess Saraswati. It's located in the town of Sringeri, which is about a couple of hours' drive from Sakleshpur.
- Pandavar Gudda is a hill offering panoramic views of the Western Ghats and surrounding valleys, ideal for trekking and nature walks.
- Bettada Bhairaveshwara Temple is an ancient temple located atop a hill, offering serene surroundings and panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Mookanamane Abbi Falls is a hidden gem tucked away in the forests, offering a tranquil setting and an opportunity to relax amidst nature's beauty.
- All transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Pick up and drop off (Bangalore city limits).
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Driver meals and accommodation.
- Sightseeing tour.
- Usage of the vehicle up to 700 KM.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 10800 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.