Ujjain Full-Day Local Sightseeing Tour
Ujjain goes by many names, Ujjayini, Avanti, Avantika, Avantikapuri are all names for it. Referred to as the 'City of Temples' it is also home to the Mahakaleshwar Temple that embodies one of the twelve Jyotirlingas. Take a 10-hour private tour of the temple town of Madhya Pradesh.
- Visit one of the twelve Jyotirlingas.
- Visit the Greenwich of India - the first meridian of longitude – the Tropic of Cancer passes through it – through the Jantar Mantar.
- A hassle-free full day tour of Ujjain with a well-experienced chauffeur.
In the West Central part of India lies Ujjain, also called, Ujain, Ujjayini, Avanti, Avantika, Avantikapuri is an ancient city on the banks of Kshipra River in the state of Madhya Pradesh. It is considered to be one of the seven sacred cities of Hindus and boasts of several highly revered temples.
As per the Hindu mythology, a drop of the Amrut, the nectar of immortality, which was discovered after Sagar Manthan fell here making this city sacred. In Ujjain, one can visit the Sandipani Ashram in which lie paintings of Lord Krishna receiving his teachings. Often, referred to as the 'City of Temples' it is also home to the Mahakaleshwar Temple that embodies one of the twelve Jyotirlingas. The Simhastha Kumbh Mela held every 12 years is a big crowd puller and a highly revered event. Hundreds of thousands of pilgrims throng the city during the Kumbh and take a holy dip in the Kshipra river.
- The tour starts with your pick-up from the hotel/residence in Ujjain at the selected time while booking.
- During the tour, we suggest the following important attractions be covered:
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga: One of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India, the lingam at the Mahakala is believed to be swayambhu (born of itself) deriving currents of power (shakti) from within itself as against the other images and lingams which are ritually established and invested with mantra-shakti.
- Shree Chintaman Ganesh Mandir: Chintaman Ganesh is the biggest temple of Lord Ganesha in Ujjain.
- Raja Bhartari Caves: According to popular tradition this is the sanctuary hallowed by the yogic practices of the King Bharthari.
- Shree Bada Ganesh Mandir: This temple enshrines a huge artistic sculpture of Ganesh, the son of Shiva.
- Ved Shala: Also known as Jantar Mantar, India's first observatory was built in 1725 and consists of 13 architectural astronomy instruments.
- Kaliadeh Palace: Once recorded as the beautiful temple of Sun on banks of River Shipra, the Palace is one of the most famous historical landmarks of Ujjain. The central dome of the palace is a beautiful example of Persian architecture, and the Persian inscriptions here record the visits of Emperor Akbar and Jehangir to this palace.
- There are many ghats in Ujjain, and you may as well visit the popular ones to feel to the holy vibe.
- After the completion of the 10-hour tour, the driver will drop you back to your hotel/residence in Ujjain city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Ujjain city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Driver day allowance.
- 10 hours and 100 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspapers and a water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2750 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.