Chitradurga Day Tour from Bangalore
A day trip to Chitradurga is a great way to spend the day if you're interested in history, the historic Chitradurga fort is quite something and also visit the beautiful Vani Vilas Sagar dam.
- Explore the majestic fort of Chitradurga which has seven fortifications.
- Enjoy the visit to Vani Vilas Sagar which is one of the oldest dams in Karnataka.
Do you remember the story your grandmother narrated about Bhima defeating a man-eating demon – Hidimba? Chitradurga is supposed to be the location where that battle took place! Well among other battles, of course. The history of this town of Southern Karnataka traces back to 3rd Millennium BC. Chitradurga particularly means “Picture” (Chitra) and “Fort (Durg). If the legends of larger humans during the ancient years are true, the town looks like a Giant’s playground with boulders all overthrown like tantrums.
- The driver will pick you up from the hotel/restaurant in Bangalore city limits at the time selected while booking.
- The drive to Chitradurga is about 200 km and may take up to 4 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own
- Chitradurga fort - a picturesque fort which was built in stages between 11th & 13th century.
- Chitradurga fort is surrounded by seven hills and these hills are encircled by seven layered walls. These seven layers of security make this fort indomitable for enemies.
- After the exploration, take a break for lunch at a local restaurant.
- Vani Vilas Sagar dam, which is popularly known as Mari Kanive is the oldest dam in the state.
- The dam is built across river Vedavathi and the one can witness the windmill across the mountains.
- After the completion of your tour, the driver will drop you back to your hotel/residence in Mysore city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Banaglore city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 450 kilometers of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Monument entrance fees.
- Any toll and parking charges (To be paid as per actuals to the driver).
- Personal expenses.
- Any meals.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is not a guided tour.
- The guests may choose to skip or add any new attraction in the destination of the tour.
- The booking price is applicable if the pick-up and drop-off is the same location.
- Pick up and drop off location can be different but an extra charge will apply. To be paid to the driver directly.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 300 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a limit of 450 kilometres.
- After 450 kilometres, additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver).
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs. 11 per km (additional kilometre charge).
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs. 13 per km (additional kilometre charge).
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested by you during the booking in "Special Request" section, the team will try their best to fulfil the request but the same cannot be promised for sure
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick-up point in city limits. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page.
- The contact person details and phone number are shared in booking voucher sent to you via email after booking.
- The driver and cab details are share 2 to 4 hours prior to the tour starting time.
₹ 5950 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.