Shilt Hut Trek in Great Himalayan National Park
The Gushaini to Shilt Hut Trek is one of the delightful treks of the Great Himalayan National Park region starting from Tirthan Valley. Shilt Hut Trek is a 4 day trek and suits best for the months of April, June, October and November and goes to the maximum elevation of over 3000 metres.
Trek starts from – the Gushaini village which is a famous place for trout fishing and authentic traditional style Himalayan Architecture, Rolla base camp in the low altitude temperate forest and Shilt hut for its breathtaking views of glaciers and towering mountain ranges. Small streams and waterfalls can also be seen throughout the trek – taking into consideration the natural biodiversity surrounding it which is not likely to be found in other places.
The Gushaini to Shilt hut trek is average in its difficulty level which requires some amount of decent physical strength considering the altitude. Shilt Hut Trek is a must experience for all nature and adventure lovers because of its unique scenic beauty and natural diversity.
Shilt hut trek is the one of the easiest and shortest trek in the GHNP that offers you a nice experience of the Park’s wilderness.
- Gushaini Village which is famous place for trout fishing and authentic traditional style Himalayan Architecture
- Small streams and waterfalls which can be best explored by a traveler along the trek.
- Biodiversity of GHNP which is endemic to the Western Himalayas i.e. these are not likely to be found in the other sites.
- Rolla base Camp for Himalayan low-altitude temperate forest
- Shilt hut for its mesmerizing views of Himalayan Glaciers, soaring mountain ranges, 360 Panoramic views
Day 1: Gushaini to GHNP Entry Gate - Rolla (2100 mts.) | 4 Km Drive - 10 Kms Trek - 5 Hours
Our trek starts with a short drive to road head in Gushaini. From here it is 2-3 hour trek to the Entry gate of Great Himalayan National Park. On the way we pass Ropa and Kauncha villages where there are few shops and tea houses present. Most of the trek today is along the Tirthan River
Day 2: Rolla to Shilt Hut (3100 mts.) | 5 Km Trek - 4 Hours
After breakfast we start our trek along the Tirthan River for about an hour after which trail becomes little steep and enters the forest. You get chance to spot some rare birds around you today. We stop on way to have lunch or we can have it at Shilt hut itself as it takes only 3-4 hours to reach it. Views from Shilt are truly awe inspiring. After camp is setup, we have dinner by the bonfire with stars above us.
Day 3: Shilt Hut to Chhor-Dwari (3300 mts.) – Back to Shilt Hut | 6 Km Trek - 4 Hours
Today after a relaxed morning we take an excursion to Chhordwari waterfall & nearby bamboo forest. It is a beautiful spot to visit. By late afternoon we come back to Shilt where we camp for the night.
Day 4: Shilt to Gushaini | 15 Kms Trek - 4 Km Drive - 6 Hours
After an early breakfast we start for Rolla where we have our lunch by the Tirthan River. Post lunch we start for Gushaini which will take 3-4 hours.
End of Trek and Departure
- 03 Night Stay in Tents
- Portable Toilets with Toilet Chairs
- Camp fire at Night
- Trek Permits
- Bonfire, Trekking & Camping
- All Camping equipments
- Sleeping bags, Mattresse, Toilet and Camp chairs etc.
- All meals - 4 Breakfast, 3 Dinner & 4 Lunch
- All support staff
- Porters for camping luggage only
- Camping equipment and gears of best quality will be provided.
- Professional diploma holder guide cook and kitchen helper.
- Pick and drop from and to Volvo bus station at Aut (30 Kms from Gushaini)
- Soft drinks, alcohol etc. personal expenses like tips etc.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen ircumstances like landslides road blocks, bad weather bad weather etc.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Region : Himachal Pradesh
- Maximum Elevation: 3300 m
- Starting Point of the Trek: Gushaini , Tirthan Valley
- Difficulty level: Moderate to Steep
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Gushaini, Tirthan Valley
₹ 9300 Per Person