Nalanda Sightseeing Day Tour from Patna
Once a centre for learning in the ancient kingdom of Magadha, now modern-day Bihar state. During the tour cover all the landmarks and attractions of the region.
- Visit places like the Nalanda Archaeological Museum, Hseun Tsang Memorial, Black Buddha Temple and many more during this tour.
- Hassle-free tour from Patna to Nalanda.
- Service of a well-maintained car and an experienced driver.
Nalanda city is an ancient centre for learning, which is situated 88 km from the southeastern end of Patna. The red brick structure covers over 14 hectares of land. The world-renowned and ancient University of Nalanda was established during the rule of a king called Śakrāditya, who belonged to the Gupta Dynasty. Nalanda is marked by Buddhist influence. The university is believed to be a masterpiece and is marked by a lofty wall and one gate. Nalanda had eight separate compounds and 10 temples, besides several different meditation halls and study rooms. The grounds of the university are covered with lakes and parks. The library was situated in an exceedingly 9-storied building wherever meticulous copies of texts were made. The university attracted pupils and students from countries like Japan, China, Tibet, Indonesia, Persia and Turkey.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Patna city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Nalanda is about 70 kilometres from the Patna city and may take up to 2 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival in Nalanda, you may visit the following suggested places or add a few of your own:
- Nalanda Archaeological Museum: Opened in the year of 1917, this museum is maintained by Archaeological Survey of India. Several antiques which have been unearthed in Nalanda are on display here.
- Heun Tsang Memorial: This is an Indo-Chinese undertaking to honour the famed Buddhist monk and traveller, Heun Tsang. A relic, comprising a skull bone of the Chinese monk, is on display in the memorial hall.
- Nalanda Multimedia Museum: This museum displays the history of Nalanda by 3-D animation and multimedia presentation.
- Black Buddha Temple: A temple housing a large black coloured Buddha Statue, this temple attracts visitors from several South-East Asian countries.
- Digambar Jain temple: This temple is famous for being the birthplace of 24th Jain Teerthankara Mahaveer.
- After the completion of your tour, the driver will drop you back to the hotel/residence in the Patna city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Patna city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 300 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4710 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.