Nalanda Sightseeing Day Tour from Patna
Once a centre for learning in the ancient kingdom of Magadha, now modern-day Bihar state. During the tour cover all the landmarks and attractions of the region.
- Visit places like the Nalanda Archaeological Museum, Hseun Tsang Memorial, Black Buddha Temple and many more during this tour.
- Hassle-free tour from Patna to Nalanda.
- Service of a well-maintained car and an experienced driver.
Nalanda city is an ancient centre for learning, which is situated 88 km from the southeastern end of Patna. The red brick structure covers over 14 hectares of land. The world-renowned and ancient University of Nalanda was established during the rule of a king called Śakrāditya, who belonged to the Gupta Dynasty. Nalanda is marked by Buddhist influence. The university is believed to be a masterpiece and is marked by a lofty wall and one gate. Nalanda had eight separate compounds and 10 temples, besides several different meditation halls and study rooms. The grounds of the university are covered with lakes and parks. The library was situated in an exceedingly 9-storied building wherever meticulous copies of texts were made. The university attracted pupils and students from countries like Japan, China, Tibet, Indonesia, Persia and Turkey.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Patna city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Nalanda is about 70 kilometres from the Patna city and may take up to 2 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival in Nalanda, you may visit the following suggested places or add a few of your own:
- Nalanda Archaeological Museum: Opened in the year of 1917, this museum is maintained by Archaeological Survey of India. Several antiques which have been unearthed in Nalanda are on display here.
- Heun Tsang Memorial: This is an Indo-Chinese undertaking to honour the famed Buddhist monk and traveller, Heun Tsang. A relic, comprising a skull bone of the Chinese monk, is on display in the memorial hall.
- Nalanda Multimedia Museum: This museum displays the history of Nalanda by 3-D animation and multimedia presentation.
- Black Buddha Temple: A temple housing a large black coloured Buddha Statue, this temple attracts visitors from several South-East Asian countries.
- Digambar Jain temple: This temple is famous for being the birthplace of 24th Jain Teerthankara Mahaveer.
- After the completion of your tour, the driver will drop you back to the hotel/residence in the Patna city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Patna city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 250 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspaper and water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3490 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.