Chalal and Kheerganga Trek in Kasol
Kheerganga is one of the most popular treks in the whole country, but what you have the chance to explore Himachal's best-kept secret Chalal along with Kheerganga. This 3-day trek takes you to Kheerganga and Chalal at one shot.
- A trek that can be graded as an easy trek, perfect for first-time trekkers.
- Comfortable stays in riverside camps in Chalal.
- Take a quick dip in the Parvati Kund's hot springs.
- Departures for even single members on the available dates in the calendar.
Chalal is a small village which lies close to Kheerganga, known as Himachal's best-kept secret. Chalal is a perfect getaway for one who seeks solitude and peace. Chalal has long been unexplored by the tourists who come to Kasol and Tosh, it is still an off-beat destination.
Kheerganga is a trekking destination located in Parvati Valley of Kullu district. Its famous for the hot springs and amazing views of the Himalayas. It is named after the white coloured water that is found in the springs here. It is a moderate trek and camping at the top in woods, under the stars is definitely a must have experience. From Barshaini, it is an 11 km trek to Kheerganga. Barshaini is 3 km away from Tosh. Kheerganga Trek is a great option for beginners but equally rewarding to experienced trekkers.
Day 1: Report in Kasol
- Report the basecamp in Kasol by 10 AM in the morning.
- Relax in the green space by the Parvati River and enjoy a filling breakfast before you start your Chalal Trek from Kasol. En route to Chalal, explore the ‘Little Amsterdam’, the lanes of Kasol lined with vibrant souvenir shops and Israeli cafes.
- A two-hour walk will take you to the small, enticing village of Chalal which is a popular hub for Trance and crazy parties held deep in the forest.
- Cradled in the conifer dense forest, the village gives you much scenic beauty to admire, right beside the wildly flowing Parvati River.
- After spending a wonderful day in Chalal, you will be heading back to your campsite in Kasol in the evening.
- Enjoy dancing around the bonfire, as you have a scrumptious dinner by the riverside.
Day 2: Trek Kasol to Kheerganga via Barshaini and Rudgranag
- After a nice warm breakfast, you will be driven to Barshaini at around 10 AM, the point of confluence of the Parvati and Tosh Rivers, to start hiking.
- While strolling through the magnificent landscape of Himachal Pradesh, you will be treated to majestic sights of nature. On the trail, pass a few wooden bridges and some slippery sections.
- During this part of the Kheerganga trek from Kasol, your eyes also feast on many picturesque waterfalls; remember to take pictures of every single one of these.
- Later, arrive at Rudranaag, and take a small halt to admire the beauty of the landform. The serpent-shaped waterfall has become one of the biggest tourist attractions in the Parvati Valley and a popular stop for trekkers.
- The approximately 12 km hike along the gushing Parvati River also takes you to the villages of Kalga and Pulga.
- This is a great time to learn about the local way of life and see how people survive here. Interact with the locals, and click a few pictures with them to save as memoirs of the amazing time you have on the Kasol to Kheerganga trek.
- After reaching the green meadow of Kheerganga, take a refreshing dip in the hot springs to wash off the fatigue of the journey. The cool weather and vistas of the mighty peaks of the Himalayas, and the therapeutic water of the hot springs is a unique combination; an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.
- Dinner will be served at the camps at Rudranag. Overnight stay will be done in the camps in Rudranag.
Day 3: Trek back from Rudranag to Kasol
- On the third day, wake up to a magnificent view of the Himalayan peaks, and prepare for the journey back to Kasol through the same route you took to reach Kheerganga.
- The picture-perfect waterfalls en route treat your eyes, and soon you arrive in Barshaini.
- From here, head back to the buzzing hill station of Kasol, where this enthralling experience of trekking from Kasol to Kheerganga ends, leaving you with never-ending memories.
- Services of a trek Leader
- Meals as per menu on the trek.
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage.
- Transfer from Kasol to Barsheni and Barsheni to Kasol.
- Stay in Camps/Homestay at triple sharing basis (twin sharing for couples).
- Facility to keep extra luggage at the base camp.
- All required permits.
- First Aid.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3390 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.