Kalindi Khal Trek
Trek over rough glaciers to Kalindi Kal, which unfolds the view of some of the magnificent peaks.
- Trek to one of the challenging peaks of Kalindi Khal.
- Witness the wide range of flora and fauna.
- Visit Badrinath temple, which is one in Char Dham.
Kalindi Khal Trek is one of the most awe-inspiring trek options in India. Passing over a height close to 6,000 m, from camping beside Vasuki Tal to breathtaking sceneries. This contains moraines, glaciers and majestic peaks, this tour has it all. Kalindi Khal trek adds an interesting flavour to the beauty of Tapovan while exploring undulating alpine meadows, a network of gurgling streams and the presence of some of the most renowned Himalayan peaks like Shivling, Bhagirathi and Meru.
Day 1: Dehradun to Gangnani | 7 hours Drive
- Report at Dehradun and meet the guide, you will be driven from Dehradun to Gangnani.
- Gangnani is about 190 km and it will take 7 hours to reach.
- Have dinner and stay overnight at a hotel in Gangnani.
Day 2: Gangnani to Gangotri (3,048 m) | 1.5 hours Drive
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Gangotri via Harsil (approx 25 km before Gangotri).
- You can take a halt at Harsil, which is a small hamlet known for Wilson's cottage.
- You will reach Gangotri early and can visit the famous pilgrimage. Overnight stay will be arranged in a guest house at Gangotri.
Day 3: Gangotri to Bhojbasa (3,800 m) | 7-8 hours Trek
- On this day, you start your trek from Gangotri to Bhojbasa. From Gangotri, you move along the beaten trail towards Chirbasa.
- Beyond Chirbasa the terrain becomes really desolate and barren. In fact, it has been referred to as Arctic Tundra by many trekkers.
- From Chirbasa you trek further to Bhojbasa, the entire trail passes through dense forest. In Bhojbasa there is a small temple and a potential campsite near the river.
- In the afternoon you are free to explore the area and to enjoy excellent sunset on Bhagirathi group of peaks.
Day 4: Bhojbasa to Gaumukh (3,900 m) to Tapovan (4,335 m) | 6-7 hours trek
- Wake up early in the morning to enjoy the panoramic view of Bhagirathi peak.
- After breakfast, you will start the trek to Gaumukh, which is the source of Ganges.
- You will explore the area and trek to Tapovan which has a steep ascent, one of the finest high altitude alpine meadows in the area.
- Tapovan is the place where you camp for the day and bring the day to an end.
Day 5: Rest day at Tapovan (4,335 m)
- Today is the rest day at Tapovan and relax and enjoy the magnificent snow-capped peaks.
- This place is also used by lots of Sadhus for the mediation. From this location, you can witness Shivling peak, Sumeru, Bhagirathi peak.
- You can opt to visit Meru glacier today (optional) and get back to the campsite.
- Camp at Tapovan to end the day.
Day 6: Tapovan to Nandanvan (4,340 m) | 6-7 hours trek
- As you had a rest day, so this day is going be a long trek day.
- After breakfast, you will start the trek to Nandanvan. It takes about 6-7 hours trek to reach Nandanvan.
- Trek to reach the beautiful base of Bhagirathi group of peaks, Nandanvan. You will be camp overnight at Nandanvan.
Day 7: Nandanvan to Vasuki Tal (4,463 m) | 6-7 hours trek
- On this day you trek along Chaturangi Glacier to reach Vasuki Tal.
- Vasuki Tal is a small but beautiful lake at the base of Mt Satopanth and Vasuki Parbat.
- The trek is steadily upward and it takes almost 6 hours to reach Vasuki Tal.
Day 8: Vasuki Tal to Khara Pathar (Suralya Bamak - 5,450 m) | 7-8 hours trek
- Rise with the mesmerising view and freshen up to have a nice warm breakfast.
- Start the trek to Khara Pathar (Suralaya Bamak) and trek about 8 hours to reach the campsite.
- Have dinner and rest for the day at the campsite.
Day 9: Khara Pathar to Sweta Glacier (5,500 m) | 5-6 hours trek
- Start the trek after having breakfast to Sweta glacier which is at a height of 5500 m.
- Trek for 5-6 hours to reach Sweta glacier and camp overnight.
Day 10: Sweta Glacier to Kalindikhal base (5,600 m) | 6-7 hours trek
- After breakfast, trek to reach the outlet of Suralaya valley.
- Further its a steep and tough trek across the Suralaya glacier and along the northern slopes of Chandra Parvat.
- You will trek for 7 hours and reach Kalindikhal base and camp overnight here.
Day 11: Kalindikhal Base to Raj Parav (4,910 m) via Kalindi Khal (5,947 m) | 10-11 hours trek
- Start the trek after breakfast on this day you trek (12 km) to reach Kalindi Pass (5947 m).
- Spend some time at the beautiful spot and then trek down to camp at Rajparav.
Day 12: Raj Parav to Arwatal (3,910 m) | 6-7 hours trek
- Wake up with the beautiful view of mountain valleys and peaks.
- Have breakfast and start the trek to Arwatal which is 13 km from Raj Parav.
- Trek for 6-7 hours to reach Arwatal and camp overnight.
Day 13: Arwatal to Ghastoli (3,790 m) | 8-9 hours trek
- Rise early and start the trek early as you have to cover 16 km to reach Ghastoli (3790m).
- It will take 8-9 hours to reach the campsite and finally overnight camping to end the day.
Day 14: Ghastoli to Mana to Badrinath | 6-7 hours trek | 20 minutes Drive
- After breakfast, you start your trek to Badrinath situated on the bank of Alaknanda.
- After trekking for 7 hours you reach Mana village, the last village before the border.
- You take a lunch break here and later a short 2 km drive brings you to the town of Badrinath.
- On arrival check in to the hotel and later visit the temple of Badrinath which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- You can witness the Neelkanth peak in the backdrop between the twin peaks of Nar and Narayan.
- End the day by staying overnight at Badrinath.
Day 15: Badrinath to Dehradun | 10 hours Drive
- Check out from the hotel after breakfast and you will be driven towards Dehradun.
- Dehradun is about 340 km and it takes about 10 hours to reach Dehradun.
- The trekking trail comes to an end at Dehradun.
- Transportation from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- Service of knowledgeable guide and cook.
- Tented accommodation on sharing (triple/quadruple) basis throughout the trek.
- Possible guest house accommodation on Day 1 and Day 15.
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment.
- Rent for camping equipment
- Forest entry charges.
- All veg meals starting from Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 15.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 35000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.