The Shepherd's Trail (Pir Panjal Jana) Trek from Manali
An authentic 6-day Himalayan adventure experience, a trek which is frequently traversed by the Himachali shepherds with their cattle. This 6-day trek is a shorter version of the challenging 14 days variant but surpasses all the expectation of a trekker with its majestic Himalayan beauty.
- A trek which will take you to great heights of 10500 feet above sea level.
- Test yourself with adventure activities like rappelling and rock-climbing.
- Interact with the locals and understand their culture.
- Picturesque views of the Pir Panjal and Dhalaudhar ranges.
Himalaya offers a range of known and unknown treks for people who love to be immersed in nature. Feel yourself in the arms of nature as you cross those hilly shepherds trail. Admire the sheer beauty of the mighty Himalayas along with worm and hospitable “Paharis” living in those remote villages. Whether you are a passionate trekker or a nature lover you would love this beautiful moderate trek. This tour will give you an authentic Himalayan adventure experience.
Day 1: Manali (Naggar)
- You will have to report in Patlikul bus station (13 km before Manali bus stand) in the morning by 10 am, post which you will be transferred to the camp.
- After breakfast relax for some time and then you will have an induction program and team introduction.
- Later proceed for acclimatization walk to the nearby area. After lunch, proceed for valley crossing at Baankheda. Enjoy your evening with a bonfire.
- You will have your dinner and stay overnight at a camp in Manali.
Day 2: Leisure day
- Wake up early in the morning and start your day with some stretching exercise.
- After breakfast, proceed for activities rock -climbing & rappelling.
- Return to camp in the evening. Evening at leisure visit a local village and interact with the locals, know about their culture and lifestyle.
- Later again get back to the camp and enjoy funfilled games.
- Briefing by the lead guide and planning for the trek. Dinner will be served and overnight stays will be conducted at the camp.
Day 3: Naggar - Jana | Trek 4-5 hours
- After breakfast, you start your journey from Naggar by local transport to the starting point of the trek close to Naggar.
- Upon arrival in Naggar, start with a 3 hours trek to Jana.
- You will set your camp at Jana, famous among movie makers for its magnificent location and majestic views. You will be camping overnight in Jana.
Day 4: Jana - Majag | Trek 4-5 hours
- After breakfast, you set out for beautiful forest trek reaching at an altitude of 10500 ft.
- The trek passes through a lush forest of pine and cedar.
- Reach Majag in the afternoon and spend time near camp appreciate the picturesque views of Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar range with many peaks in sight.
- You will be staying overnight in Majag at a camp.
Day 5: Majag - Naggar | Trek 6 hours
- After breakfast, you pack your bags and leave for Naggar.
- Reach the camp in Naggar for lunch. Enjoy freshly cooked local food and relax.
- Evening at leisure, spend your evening around a bonfire enjoying local songs and dance.
- You will be staying overnight at the camp.
Day 6: Naggar - Solang Valley and Departure | Drive 30 km
- After breakfast leave for Solang valley from Naggar enjoy various adventure activities.
- Return to Manali and explore the market and cafe & shopping.
- Later in evening board Volvo bus from Manali in the evening.
- Accommodation in camps at Naggar (Manali) triple/quad sharing. You can also choose the homestay option.
- During the trek, alpine tents will be provided.
- Camping equipment such as sleeping bags, mattress, kitchen and toilet tents.
- All meals will be provided during the trek with packed/hot lunch during the trek. Meals will be a combination of Indian, continental and Chinese.
- Valley crossing, Rock climbing and rappelling.
- One day organic food (Brown rice, Makki ki roti, rajma and curry saag).
- Self-cooking option.
- Energizer and games.
- Transportation: Hotel to trek point and trek finish point to Hotel in local transport (Mahindra MAX/ Tata Sumo).
- Certified and experienced trekking guide, support staff Guide, cook and helper.
- Luggage transportation charges either by porters and or jeep to all the camping points.
- Trekking charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 19920 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.