Kagbhushandi Tal Trek
Trek to the serene mountain ranges of Garhwal Himalayas in Kagbhushandi Tal trek for 10 days and witness the serene Himalayan environs.
- Trek to one of the picturesque mountains near Joshimath.
- The Hathi Parvat (6,730 m) is most prominently visible in this trek.
- Company of experienced mountain guides.
This high altitude lake has recently been known to the trekkers. It lies in the Badrinath region of the Garhwal Himalayas. Following up the same route as that of the more popular Valley of flowers trek, this trek leaves behind the village of Bhyunder and then enters into the foreground of the Hathi Parvat. However, the placid nature of the lake and the sacredness associated with it makes it a must do for trekkers. Due to its remoteness, there is a very high possibility of coming across wildlife especially bears. This trek offers beautiful views of the peaks in this region.
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Joshimath | 293 km, 8-9 hours
- After breakfast, you will start the drive early from Dehradun to Joshimath.
- Joshimath is about 293 km and it takes 8-9 hours to reach.
- The route goes via Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag and Chamoli and after reaching Joshimath check in to a guest house and stay for the day.
Day 2: Joshimath (1,875 m) to Ghangaria (2,930 m) via Govindghat (1,920 m) | 14 km, 5-6 hours
- Early morning, you will drive to Govindghat and from this point, your trek begins.
- Start the trek by crossing the river Alaknanda over a bridge at Govindghat.
- There are numerous waterfalls and lush green landscape all around.
- Walk for 14 km to reach Ghangharia, which takes about 5-6 hours. You rest for the day at Ghangaria.
Day 3: Ghangria to Valley of Flowers and back to Ghangria | 6-7 hours trek
- You start the trek after breakfast with a short ascent to the valley.
- There are unending meadows laden with varieties of alpine flowers, network of streams and big mountains all around.
- The prominent species are Brahma Kamal, Anemone, Geranium, Marsh Marigold, Primula, Lilium, Potentilla, Ranunculus, Inula, Corydalis, Pedicularis, Arisaema, Ligularia, Morina, Impatiens, Saxifrages Bistorta, Anaphalis, Sibbaldia.
- You can spend 3-4 hours exploring the places in the valley of flowers and in the afternoon, start the trek down to Ghangaria.
- Reach the campsite, have dinner and camp overnight to end the day.
Day 4: Ghangaria to Byundar village | 3-4 hours trek
- Start the trek after the breakfast and the trail goes uphill.
- The trek to Byundar village will take 3-4 hours to reach and you will camp here for tonight.
Day 5: Bhyundar Village to Samartoli (3,170 m) via Gairgilla (2,980 m) | 5-6 hours trek
- Trek to Samartoli from Byundar village and the trek would take about 5-6 hours.
- Reach the campsite and have dinner.
- You will be staying overnight at a camp in Samartoli.
Day 6: Samartoli to Dang Khara to Raj Kharak (3,900 m) | 5-6 hours trek
- After breakfast, start the trek to Raj Kharak which is at a height of 3900 m.
- The trail passes through Dang Khara and it will take 5-6 hours to reach Raj Kharak, the campsite.
- Reach the campsite and rest for the day after dinner.
Day 7: Raj Kharak to Kankul Khal to Kag Bhushandi Tal (5,230 m) | 7-8 hours trek
- Today is the day you trek to the summit of Kagbhushandi Tal which is at a height of 5230m.
- Reach the campsite and overnight camp at Kagbhushandi tal.
Day 8: Kakbhushandi Tal to Brahmahi Khal (4,900 m) to Jhari Kharak | 6-7 hours trek
- Today, you start the trek after breakfast to descend from Kagbhushandi Tal to Brahmani Tal.
- This trail provides contrasting terrains with green valleys and meadows initially changing into terrains full of huge boulders and narrow paths.
- Walk for 6-7 hours trek to reach the campsite at Jhari Kharak.
- Overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 9: Jhari Kharak to Faraswan Pass to Painka Road head to Vishnuprayag (2,450 m); Drive 2 hours to Joshimath | 7 hours
- Start the trek to Vishnuparyag via Faraswan pass and this route leads to Painka road.
- From Painka road you will trek to Vishnuparayag.
- Drive for 2 hours from Vishnuprayag to reach Joshimath and stay in a guest house to end the day.
Day 10: Drive from Joshimath to Dehradun
- You will be driven from Joshimath to Dehradun which is almost 7 hours drive.
- Reach Dehradun to end the trip.
- Transportation to & fro from Dehradun in a shared vehicle.
- Tented accommodation on sharing (triple/twin sharing) basis throughout the trek.
- Possible guest house accommodation on Day 1 and Day 8.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide and cook fees
- Forest entry charges
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment.
- All veg meals starting from Day 1 dinner to Day 10 breakfast.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 22500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.