Guided Tour of Chitradurga Fort from Bangalore
Means "Picturesque Fort" in Kanada, Chitradurga Fort spreads wide across several hills and a peak overlooking a flat valley. On this 12-hour guided tour from Bangalore, visit Chitradurga Fort and other attractions of the region.
- Visit the famous ancient city and its 1500 acres of fortification which was once under the great Ashoka.
- Witness an amazing artefact the 'Gunpowder Grinding Machine'.
- Service of an amazing guide who will recite the heroic tales of this ancient place.
- A perfect getaway from Bangalore.
Chitradurga is a magnificent fort from the 17th century and is located 200 km north of Bangalore. It is a fascinating experience to explore this fort with its seven concentric fortification walls, 19 gateways, 38 posterior entrances, 35 secret pathways, four invisible passages, water tanks and 2000 watch towers!
The best way to experience this architectural wonder is as a guided day trip from Bangalore on a car.
- The driver will pick you up from your hotel or residence in Bangalore city limit by 7:00 AM.
- Your host cum guide for the tour will be travelling with you for the duration of the tour. After a formal introduction with the host, the journey to Chitradurga will start.
- The drive to Chitradurga is about 200 KM from Bangalore and may take up to 4 hours to reach.
- Stop for breakfast break at Tumkur on the way to Chitradurga. The town is famous for farming coconuts, millets, rice, pulses, areca nut and oilseeds.
- You are expected to reach Chitradurga by noon.
- The first stop of the day in Chitradurga would be the famous Chitradurga Fort which covers an area of 1500 acres over several hills and its boundary walls cover a distance of 8 KM.
- Apart from the great views of the valley from the top, you have a citadel, a stone made mosque, grain and oil warehouses dating back to 11th to 14th century, centuries-old water harvesting system and 18 temples waiting for you.
- As the local legend goes, Chitradurga has never suffered from any water shortage. Several rain harvesting structures are still existing for a closer look.
- Next up, visit the Gunpowder Grinding Machine, a quadruple mill with four massive grinders with teeth and slots. These were pulled by elephants and bullocks in a rotating motion. It was used by Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan to make the gun powder to be used in battles.
- Break for lunch if you wish, at a local eatery before proceeding further on the tour.
- Your guide will recite the historic tales of how soldiers defended Chitradurga from enemies and also about the most heroic act to protect this fort was performed by an ordinary woman named Obavva. She was not a soldier and was, in fact, the wife of a soldier.
- And learn in details about the legend that exists in this old city which featured in the great epic of Mahabharata.
- The giant boulders of Chitradurga served as the arsenal for the duel between the Prince Bhima (one of the Pandavas) and a giant named Hidimba which took place on these hills in ancient times.
- At the end of this history tour, start your journey back to your hotel or residence in Bangalore city limits.
- Transportation in air-conditioned cab for the duration of the tour.
- Pick-up and drop to the address in Bangalore city limits.
- Services of a knowledgable tour guide for the tour.
- Breakfast and lunch during the tour.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Toll and parking charges for the cab.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.