Chanderkhani Pass to Malana: Manali to Kasol Trek
The state of Himachal Pradesh has more than 65 formidable and awe inspiring passes. Though each pass surpasses the other in one way or another, it is one of the most serene, beautiful and an elixir of peace which is a treat for all nature lovers.
Chanderkhani pass is in the Pir Panjal range of the Kullu valley and is undoubtedly the most beautiful passes on Mother Earth. PERIOD.
This trek leads to Malana in the Parvati Valley, which transports one to the sixties to feel flower power vibe.
- Duration: 3 Nights 4 Days
- Maximum Altitude: 3,660 mts.
- Grade: Fairly Easy
Day 0: Delhi – Chandigarh – Manali - Haripur (12 – 14 hrs.)
The participants will de-board the Bus at ‘Patlikuhl’, 14 kms short of New Manali Bus stand. From this pick-up point, the guests will be driven to our Base in Haripur. Unwind at our base located in an orchard in Haripur. After breakfast explore Naggar/ Manali. Return back at base to chat with the team over bonfire and dinner.
Day 1: Haripur – Pulag – Chaklani – (6 hrs.)
Those who have not stayed overnight at our base join us in the morning for breakfast. Drive 1 hr to commence the trek from the beautiful village of Pulag. A gradual ascent from Pulag meanders through lush green forests of Deodar, Pine, Chestnut and some of the most exotic flora and fauna. Pulag is a parallel universe in the splendid morning light.
Take in the intoxicating breath of fresh air and as you walk through the alpine jungles, you are transported into fields and meadows that will make your heart skip a beat. Once you are one with nature here, the gradual climb will now head to slightly higher altitude and that is where one sees life. The spectacular view of Dhauladhar range, Bara Bhangal range and the trek through the alpine jungles just makes you want to go higher and higher.
The trek opens into lush meadows and then comes the shepherd encampment (gaddi) at Chaklani. One can camp overnight here and live life the Gaddi Way for a night.
As this is also a photographer’s haven, the sunrise here is surreal and a must click. The formidable view of Seven Sisters, Mt. Hanuman Tibba and Indrasan peak will leave you spell bound. Feast your eyes on Mother Nature at its best and trek through beautiful meadows and head out to the Chanderkhani pass.
Day 2: Chaklani to Nagruni – (5 – 6 hrs.)
After breakfast, commence the trek.
Listen to the Sound of Silence and connect with yourself. With open valleys on all sides and at the height of almost 14,000ft, Chanderkhani pass changes the definition of serenity, beauty and calm for all.
This is rightly known as “The Valley of Gods”. Legend has that Jamlu Devta (the presiding deity of the mystical Malana village), unfastened a holy basket in which were all the Gods of the Kullu region at the Chandrakhani Pass. As the strong winds blew, they carried the Gods to their present abodes all across the region. Hence, it is a place which is sacrosanct and revered to the natives. Soak in the beauty and witness the magnificent Parvati valley Kullu vallu, Dhauladhar range and Indrasan peak in all its glory. Start the walk to the beautiful open meadows of Nagruni. Camp here with bonfire and enjoy the wild serene beauty.
Day 3: Nagruni – Malana – Nehrang – 4 Hrs.
Start the day with healthy breakfast. Malana village is just a short walk. Arrive at the famous and historical village of Malana. Explore the village at leisure and interact with the natives to know more. The trek takes about 3 hours. Trek at leisure to reach the Nehrang camp site. Chill with bonfire and scrumptious meal.
Day 4. Nehrang – Jari – 3 hrs
After a leisurely breakfast trek down to Jari on the Manikaran road.The descent takes about 4 hours. Then walk another 30 minutes on the road to reach Kasol. Explore the mesmerizing village. Experience the “Hippie” and “Shanti” vibe of ‘Little Amsterdam’, Kasol. This is where we part ways to meet soon for another adventure. One can easily get cab/ bus for Kullu from here for your onward journey.
(From here you can easily get cab/bus to Manikaran or Kullu for your onward journey.)
OPTIONAL: Head back to DA Base - Mountaineerz in Haripur in the evening. Have dinner and spend your night there.Relax at the base camp or go Paragliding, Rafting or Angling (some nice spots near our base) the next day, before we part ways here to meet soon for our next adventure.
Live like there is no tomorrow.
- 2 nights stay at ‘dA Base’ located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at Mountaineerz base in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- porterage @INR. 600 per day per bag(max 10Kgs strictly) in case alpine style trekkers need porter/pony
- Personal Tent (2men alpine) on Trek - INR. 1200
- Govt. service tax at 3.96%
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Advisory about activity –
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at Mountaineerz Base in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
Adventure Gear List:
Woollen cap and woollen gloves, thermal under-garments, warm sweater, woollen trousers / thick track pants for trekking, woollen socks, rain gear (jacket, trousers/ parkha), warm jacket, torch, full sleeves t – shirts, sun block lotion, chap-stick (lip salve), good hiking (preferably waterproof) shoes with ankle support, gaiters, camera, films, battery backup etc. one duffel bag for personal items (sky bags etc. will not be accepted to be carried by horse– not more than 10 kg strictly), one knapsack for item of daily use (to be carried by you), personal medicine
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
5 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
5 travellers found this helpful
₹ 7500 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Manali, Lahaul & Spiti
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.