Rani Sui Lake Trek 2019
Rani Sui lake, also called as Saurkundi lake, which is situated above Manali is one of the best treks for 4-5 days. This lake will be surrounded by flowers from May to September & during winter the lake freezes completely which makes the trek an interesting one.
- Witness the great views of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges.
- Camp at exotic location of Rani Sui lake.
- Day whole day to explore and rest at the Rani Sui lake.
The Rani Sui Lake begins from right above the famous Hadimba Temple, Manali. Stunning and panoramic views of the Manalsu glacier, Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges including Hanuman Tibba, Deo Tibba, Manali Pass, and Rohtang Pass greet us along this beautiful route. The trek provides a large variety in the kind of landscapes it offers, making it a perfect getaway for an extended weekend. The moderately steep climb also offers an opportunity to test one’s fitness.
Day 1: Drive from Manali till Dhungri and trek to Lama Dugh | Approximately 7-Hour trek
- You are requested to report at Manali bus stand by 9:00 am and meet the guide.
- Take a shared taxi to Dhungri village from Manali which is already arranged.
- Start the trek from Dhungri village, a couple of kilometres from Manali.
- Today’s trek comprises of walking through thick Deodar forests and is mostly an uphill climb.
- Stop for lunch on a lovely rocky ledge providing a beautiful view of Manali town and its surrounding peaks
- Lama Dugh is a lovely meadow ringed by Maple, Spruce and Oak while stands of Silver Birch are further up in the hillside.
- This meadow is surrounded by thick forests and sports a small cottage built by the forest department.
- Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Lama Dugh
Day 2: Trek from Lama Dugh to Rani Sui | Approximately 8-Hour trek
- Today you will begin the journey early after breakfast.
- You begin gaining height after a short while. It takes a few hours of walking through the lush green forest to reach Rani Sui lake
- A small Himalayan wonder that offers an amazing view of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar Ranges.
- The Lake at Rani Sui is a small mountain tarn with 360-degree views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges.
- Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Rani Sui.
Day 3: Rest and Exploration Day around Rani Sui Lake
- Use today for rest and acclimatization, allowing us time to explore the Lake and our surroundings.
- Climb a nearby peak to gain a 360 Degree view of the beautiful Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal Ranges
- Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Rani Sui
Day 4: Trek from Rani Sui to Duddu Thatch | Approximately 5-Hour trek
- Resume journey after breakfast, and begin descending to Duddu Thatch through high altitude meadows and pine, maple, horse chestnut, walnut forests.
- Today is one of the more beautiful parts of our trek. You arrive by late noon, after which we unwind and settle in at camp or head out nearby for some exploration and taking pictures.
- Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Duddu Thatch
Day 5: Trek from Duddu Thatch to Kalath and then drive to Manali | Approximately 5-Hour trek & 1-Hour drive
- Today marks the end of our journey as we descend from Duddu Thatch till we touch the main road and enter Kalath Village.
- Kalath village is known locally for its natural hot springs.
- Spend some time here before heading back to Manali in our vehicles.
- We drop you off at Manali town, where you can catch your evening bus back
- Transportation from Manali to Dhungri on day 1.
- Transportation from Kalath to Manali on day 5.
- All accommodation at tents on twin or triple sharing basis.
- All meals during trek.
- Necessary permits and first aid medical kits.
- Qualified and experienced mountain guide and support staff.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.