Golconda Fort, Stories of Nizams, Palaces and More on the Guided Tour of Hyderabad
We’ve heard about Golconda Fort, stories of Nizams and their rich culture, the huge majestic palaces and more in our history books. It is time now to visit them in reality by availing this Hyderabad package accompanied by an experienced guide.
Explore the famous places in Hyderabad like Golconda Fort which was once the home to Bahmani Sultans and the Qutub Shahi dynasty.
Visit the majestic home of the family which was once the richest in the world, the Chowmahalla.
Take a tour to historical places to visit in Hyderabad like the Salarjung Museum and the Charminar.
Company of a knowledgeable local guide.
Hyderabad is the city of pearls, and the capital of Telangana, a newly formed state. There are many historical places to visit in Hyderabad which are famous for their great historic incidences. In this Hyderabad tour, you can explore such places and experience the emotion of triumph, art, valour and authenticity. The places in Hyderabad takes you back in time showcasing Hindu and Persian architectural styles. Hyderabad trip offers a perfect platter for the ones with the heart to explore. So hurry up and reserve your seat for this exciting Hyderabad package.
- Your host cum guide for the tour will meet you at your hotel or residence address in Hyderabad city limits at 08:00 AM.
- After a short introduction session with the guide, start the city tour. The guide will travel will you in the same vehicle to explain more even during the road journey.
- First place of visit is the great Golconda Fort, about 11 KM from the main city of Hyderabad, it may take up to 30 minutes to reach the fort.
- The Golconda fort is arguably the greatest hill fortress of India. Built in AD 1143 as a mud fort, it was fortified between the 14th and 17th centuries and served as the principle Palace of the Bahmani Sultans and the Qutb Shahi dynasty.
- Your guide will bring alive the history of this fort and how it shaped the future of Hyderabad and its people.
- Spend an ample amount of time in the fort and in the noon head out to the Qutub Shahi Tombs, these tombs were erected in the memory of the old kings of Golconda. The arch, columns, dome minarets, and galleries look exquisite and are surrounded by gardens called Ibrahim Bagh.
- As per legend, these tombs were revered during the rule of the Qutub Shahi Kings and even criminals taking refuge here were pardoned.
- After the lunch break, proceed to Choumahalla, the palace of the Nizams, Hyderabad Nizams were said to be amongst the richest in the world.
- Some of the noteworthy sections in this Palace include a water fountain, vintage cars, intricate carvings, glass chandeliers and the grand durbar hall.
- During the heydays of the Nizams, as many as 7000 attendants used to man this Palace. Your guide will give you an insight into the personal and political life of Nizams of Hyderabad.
- Next halt in this tour would be the Salarjung Museum, this museum has the world’s largest one-man Art collection. Nawab Mir Yusuf Ali Khan Salar Jung III (1889–1949) who was the Prime Minister of the seventh Nizam of Hyderabad, spent a fortune over thirty-five years to build this collection.
- The collection ranges from 2nd century B.C to early 20th century A.D of different cultures such as Greek, Roman, Hindu, Jain, Buddhist, Christian and Islamic.
- The last leg of the tour will take you to the iconic Charminar, the most famous of all structures in the city. It was built in 1591 by Mohammed Quli Qutb Shahi, the fifth sultan of the Qutub Shahi dynasty to commemorate the end of a deadly plague attack of the city.
- You will be fascinated as your guide explains you the legends like the presence of a secret tunnel underneath Charminar which connected to Golconda Fort, created as a means of escape for the royal family at times of distress.
- By around 6:00 PM, you will be dropped back to your hotel or residence address in Hyderabad city limits.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned cab for the duration of the tour.
- Pick-up and drop to the address in Hyderabad city limits.
- Tour as per the itinerary.
- Services of a knowledgable tour guide for the tour.
- Entry charges to places of visit.
- Lunch during the tour.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Toll and parking charges for the cab.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5000 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.