Madurai and Rameswaram 2-Day Local Sightseeing Tour
A 2-day private local sightseeing tour of Madurai and Rameswaram, the pilgrimage cities of Tamil Nadu, India.
- Visit the three most famous temples of the city namely Meenakshi Amman, Koodal Alagar, Tirupparankundram.
- Visit the famous pilgrimage places namely Agni Theertham, Panchamukha Hanuman, Ramar Padam Gothanda Ramar Temple
- Visit the Pamban Bridge and Danuskodi.
The city of Madurai is being inhabited since the 3rd century BCE. It is built around the Meenakshi Amman Temple, which acted as the geographic and ritual centre of the ancient city of Madurai. Rameswaram is a small town in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu, it is on Pamban Island and is about 40 km from the Mannar Island in Sri Lanka. It is separated from mainland India by the Pamban channel. It is considered to be one of the holiest places in India to Hindus and a part of Char Dham pilgrimage. The history of Rameswaram is centred around the island being a transit point to reach Sri Lanka (Ceylon historically) and the presence of Ramanathaswamy Temple.
Day 1: Madurai local sightseeing
- The driver will pick you up from your hotel or residence address in Madurai at your selected time (Choose pick-up time while booking).
- Your tour will begin at the Meenakshi Amman Temple.
- After the first temple tour, you will be visiting the Koodal Alagar, Tirupparankundram Temples.
- Next stop will be the Gandhi museum in between you can stop for some refreshments or lunch.
- Post the Gandhi museum, our driver will be taking you to the historical Tirumalai Nayakar Palace followed by the Mariyaman water tank.
- After completion of the tour, you will be dropped at your hotel/residence at 8:00 pm.
Day 2: Rameswaram sightseeing from Madurai
- The driver will pick you up at your hotel/residence at 7:00 AM in Madurai.
- Your journey to Rameswaram is approximately 175 KM from Madurai and may take up to 4 hours to reach.
- Once you reach Rameswaram you will be visiting the famous pilgrimage places like Agni Theertham, Panchamukha Hanuman, Ramar Padam Gothanda Ramar Temple.
- After the completion of the spiritual tour, you can have your lunch or refreshments.
- Post lunch you will be visiting the house and the memorial of India's rocket man, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
- After the completion of this tour, your next stop will be Pambam Bridge and Dhunushkodi which is about 29 KM from Sri Lanka, making it the closest point on Indian soil to Sri Lanka.
- After the completion of your entire day tour, you will be dropped at your hotel in Madurai at 8:00 PM (expected time).
- All transportation in a private air-conditioned cab.
- Service of a professional driver.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Pick-up & drop to Madurai hotel/residence/railway station.
- Driver food and accommodation charges.
- Usage of vehicle for 520 KM (Extra kilometre charges mentioned in important information).
- Tour as per the itinerary (Fixed tour on Day-1, Guest may choose to add or remove few places of visit on Day-2).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7480 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.