Matale Day Tour with Cooking Class and Lunch
Matale has many historic places that you can visit. Nalanda Gedige ,8th century Dravidian structure is a Buddhist shrine that is filled with many artistic sculptures. Learn about various Sri Lankan spices and herbs at the Euphoria Spice and Herbal Garden . Here you also get to see a live demo of the locals cooking the traditional Sri Lankan food. Visit the ancient rock temple Aluvihara. Aluvihara is known to be the place of creation of Buddhist religious script ‘Tripitaka’. The stupa is located on a gigantic rock which is made up of several caves. So far on 13 caves have been discovered with many more buried deep inside. Head to Sembuwatta Lake for a stunning sunset and enjoy at this amazing place as the day comes to an end.
- Discover the lesser-known Nalanda Gedige, an ancient Dravidian temple with Hindu-Buddhist fusion architecture
- Get experience and knowledge about spices and herbs, and how they are grown
- Cooking class showing the best use of spices and herbs and lunch at Euphoria Spice and Herbal Gardens
- See the bright and colorful images and sculptures at Aluvihara
- An optional complimentary sunset visit to Sembuwatta
- 8:30am: The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Kandy and we drive towards Matale
- 9:45am: Arrive at Nalanda Gedige, an 8th to 10th century temple of Hindu and Buddhist origins
- 11:00am: Next we drive to Euphoria Spice and Herbal Gardens and learn about different local spices and herbs and their medicinal use from your guide.
- 11.30am: Watch a cooking demo class that uses spices and herbs grown here. Have your lunch.
- 02:00pm Arrive at Aluvihare Rock Temple, the ‘light temple’ or ‘cave with light’
- 03:30pm Drive to Sembuwatta Lake for sunset offering amazing views and a natural swimming pool.
- 5:00pm approx: Begin your drive back to the city of Kandy
- 7:00pm: Drop off at hotel in Kandy
- Entrance Fees to Sembuwatte Lake
- 1 Cooking Class and Traditional Lunch at Euphoria Spice Garden.
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Transportation by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 1 Bottled Water
- Lunch, any other Meals and Drinks
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher
- Pick-up available from Kandy city limits only
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Meet & Greet your friendly driver at your Hotel lobby in Kandy
- Operator will be in contact with you to coordinate the pick up time and itinerary
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the pick up location at the checkout page
₹ 60 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.