Kandy City Temple Tour
Take this Kandy City Temple Tour to visit all the important and must visit temples in and around Kandy.
Tour some of the most exquisite Buddhist temples in the city of Kandy. It's no secret that this town is brimming with some iconic temples like Embekke and Gadaladeniya. The wooden temple of Embekke which was built in 1371 is filled with intricate carvings all over the roof, pillars and walls. Get to know more about the history of this temple. Gadaladeniya is a 14th century temple located on a hilltop is an ancient Buddhist temple.
These shrines have 4 Buddha sculptures and the main shrine has a magnificent wooden door with stone frame.there are also several murals that decorate the walls of the temple. Visit Lankatilaka Temple which is a palace like complex made up of elaborate design and wall paintings. The magnificent cave temple of Degaldoruwa is a must visit. The walls of this cave temple is coated with colorful Kandyan murals.The UNESCO listed Temple of Tooth, a former royal palace which has the sacred tooth relic of Buddha. It also consists of ornate white, gold and wooden shrines.
- Visit temples know for their amazing architecture, sculptures and statues
- Visit a UNESCO world heritage site
- 8:00am: The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Kandy
- 8:40am: Arrive at Embekke Temple famous for its woodcarving
- 9:30am: Proceed to 14th century Gadaladeniya Temple known for its magnificent giant golden Buddha statue and architecture
- 10:40am: Next we visit Lankatilaka Temple considered to be one of the largest temple in Sri Lanka
- 11:30pm: Drive to Degaldoruwa Cave Temple built in a cave dug into a large rock.
- 1:30pm: Arrive back in Kandy and break for lunch at a local restaurant
- 2:30pm: Visit the highlight of this tour - Temple of the Tooth Relic
- 3:30pm: Finish off the tour of the Temple of the Tooth Relic
- 3:30pm: Go for optional gems and crafts tour by visiting gem museum and craft workshops OR get dropped off at your Hotel in Kandy.
- Entrance fees to Temple Trio and Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Transportation by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 1 Bottled Water per person
- Lunch, any other Meals and Drinks
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Inclusions
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher
- Pick-up available from Colombo city limits only
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Moderate walking is required on this tour
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- Meet & Greet your friendly driver at your Hotel lobby in Kandy
- Operator will be in contact with you to coordinate the pick up time.
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the pick up location at the checkout page
₹ 3462.37 Per Person