Margao Guided Walking Tour
A 2-hour guided walking tour of the Margao part of the beach capital of Goa. Come explore the locality of Goa which has a Portuguese colonial past also which is evident in its buildings.
- Visit places like the Holy Spirit Chruch, Margaon Municipal Council, Damodar Sal and more during this tour.
- Explore the famous Latin Quarters and Sat Bhurzam Ghor.
- Company of a local knowledgeable guide during this tour.
Located in South Goa, Margao is the cultural capital of Goa. Nestled on the banks of River Sal, it is one of the fastest growing towns of Goa. The city has many sights and destinations, which include the Margao City Hall, 'Closed' Market, the municipal garden, Anna Fonte (natural springs), Old Market, Holy Spirit Church, grand colonial mansions (especially the Seven Gables House near the church), the chapel at Monte Hill, the Hindu crematorium or 'Smashan' and the Muslim burial ground or 'Kabrasthan'. Margao features a tropical monsoon climate.
- You will be meeting your hosts/guide of the day at the Holy Spirit Chruch, Goa at your preferred time slot which can either be 9:00 AM or 4:00 PM.
- After a short meet and greet, you will begin your Margao walk with the guide.
- You will be visiting the following places during the tour:
- Holy Spirit Chruch: Originally constructed during the year of 1585 and is one of the Portuguese contributions to the city.
- Sat Bhurzam Ghor: Built by Sebastiao da Silva, this house is also known as the 'House of 7 Gables',this also acts as a prominent landmark of Margao.
- Chapel of Sacred Heart of Mary at Hospicio: This is a famous chapel located in Margao, Goa.
- Our Lady of Grace Chruch: Built in the year of 1970, this church conducts service in both Konkani and English.
- Margaon Municipal Council: This was called as the 'Camara Municipal de Salcete' till the Goa Municipalities Act came into being in 1968, this used to cater to all the villages in Salcete Taluka for over 300 years.
- Latin Quarters (Abade Faria Rd): Quarters which have a Latin style of architecture especially the ones in the Abade Faria Road are a treat to watch.
- Damodar Sal: A temple which has been a long-standing Hindu place of worship for the Hindus in Margao.
- After 2 hours, your walking tour will come to an end at the Damodar Sal.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Guided tour as per the itinerary.
- Great local tips and recommendations.
- Any pick up and drop off from the hotel/residence
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- All guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses/sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Children below 5 years of age (accompanied by an adult) are not charged for the tour.
- Children aged between 5 to below 12 years will be charged half the adult price.
- The guests are requested to bring the following during the tour - Water bottle, camera and its accessories to you enjoy photography, sunglasses, sunscreen and umbrella (in case of rainy season or summers).
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Holy Spirit Chruch, Margao, Goa.
- The local person details and phone number will be shared in the booking voucher, sent to you via email.
₹ 1450 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Mandovi River, Goa
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.