Chandor Village Guided Walking Tour
Experience small village Chandor on this amazing 2-hour walking tour of the old town with a friendly guide. Get insights about the history of Goa dating back to the era of empires and dynasties.
- Visit the Piety Chapel, Menezes Braganca House, Nossa Senhora de Belem Church and more during this tour.
- Explore the beautiful Chandor Club, Fernandes Heritage House etc.
- Company of an experienced local guide.
Chandor is a village 10 KM east from Margao. Beautifully placed in the banks of the Kushavati river this town takes you back in time and lets you explore its enchanting beauty. This used to be the capital of the Bhoja period and was called Chandrapura and has inscriptions from the 3rd and 4th century CE.
- You are requested to report at the Our Lady of Piety Chapel, Chandor at your preferred time slot which can either be 9:00 AM or 4:00 PM.
- Meet your guide here and after a short meet and greet, you will begin your Chandor walk along with the guide.
- You will be visiting the following places during this tour:
- Piety Chapel: This is one of the oldest churches in Chandor area of Goa and was built during the Portuguese era.
- Menezes Braganca House: Built in the 17th century this is the biggest Portuguese mansion of its kind in Goa. This house is so big that it has two wings namely the east and west wings.
- Nossa Senhora de Belem Church: This church was originally built in the 17th century, like many other churches in Goa this one too has detailed ornate work in the inside.
- Chandor Club: Inaugurated on 9th February 1964 this club organises many cultural events and sports tournaments during the course of the year.
- St Tiago Chapel: A chapel in Chandor which has a legend related to it and it will be narrated by the guide.
- Fernandes Heritage House: This heritage home is one of the oldest surviving Indo-Portuguese architecture in Goa and has a 500-year-old secret passage in it.
- Old Shiva Temple/ Nandi Bull: This temple is almost in ruins now, it was an important cultural centre during the Bhoja period till the Portuguese arrived.
- After the visit, your tour will come to an end at the Old Shiva Temple.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1050 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.