Bali Pass Trek from Dehradun
An 8-day trekking experience to the serene Bali Pass which was an old trekking route from the Tons river valley to the Yamuna river valley and continues to attract trekkers during the monsoon season when the snow melts.
- Trek through the Govind National Park and witness the majestic environs.
- Witness the Ruinsara Lake and also visit the Yamunotri Temple.
- Conquer heights up to 4800 metres during the trek.
- All inclusive prices: All the costs of permits, accommodation arrangements and meals are included in the pricing.
- Company of an experienced trek guide.
The pass is more approachable from the Har Ki Dun valley as the gradient is small and gives good time for the trekkers to acclimatize to the altitude. The trek starts from Sankri and passes through the Govind National Park, which is famous for its wildflowers. It also gives you an opportunity to visit the sacred lake at Ruinsara on the way and to explore the less travelled path over Yamunotri pass to Yamunotri temple. The meadows near the lake are an ideal place to rest and explore the nearby peaks and passes. There aren’t many treks that let one experience the raw grandeur of a Himalayan Pass Crossing. Connecting Har Ki Dun valley with Yamunotri, the Bali Pass has a lesser-known exhilarating trail. It traverses the confluence of Tons and Ruinsara rivers, the undisturbed serenity of the Ruinsara Valley and the lush meadows of Dev Thach. Soon, greenery paves way for an alpine zone. At 4800 metres, the Bali Pass offers a 360-degree panoramic view of the Bandarpoonch, Kalanag and Swargarohini peaks, at a mere touching distance.
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (200 KM) | Drive 7 Hours
- On the first day, you will be received by the hosts at the Dehradun Bus Stand or Railway Station at around 6:00 or 6:30 AM.
- Post a short meet and greet, you will be driven from Dehradun to Sankri via Mussorrie. Sankri is about 200 KM from Dehradun and takes about 7 hours to reach.
- You will stop for lunch en route. This is an enjoyable drive initially along the Yamuna and towards the latter part, the beautiful Tons River. There are very beautiful pine forest sections along the drive today.
- Upon reaching Sankri you will check into a scenically located hotel. Sankri is paradise on earth and you will take an evening stroll in this beautiful hamlet to get your muscles charged for the trek to come.
- Over here one can enjoy a glimpse of the setting sun, disappearing behind the greater Himalayan mountain ranges. The peaks of Swargarohini stand tall over the ridges beyond Sankri. The Swargarohini is also of great historical significance.
Day 2: Drive from Sankri (2000 metres) to Taluka and trek to Osla (2560 metres) | Drive 40 minutes, Trek 5 Hours
- On the 2nd day, you start the day with a short, scenic and adventurous drive to Taluka, the starting point of your trek.
- The hike today is through beautiful mixed forest sections and along the Supin River. The forests are rich in wildlife and are a veritable paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers.
- The gradient is moderate throughout with an odd steep patch in between. There are a few sections where there will be steep ascents, but every now and then the trail relaxes, giving a certain section of level walks.
- This region is blessed with a very old and unique culture, which thankfully is still preserved. You will get a very up close and personal experience of it today.
- On the trail, you will meet locals from the nearby villages and get to see the special construction style of the local dwellings. You will cross a few villages en route to reaching Seema, a small market place.
- You will be camping ahead of Seema in beautiful fields by the riverside.
Day 3: Trek from Osla to Roiltia or Waterfall (2900 metres) | Trek 4 Hours
- On the third day, after breakfast, you continue along the true right of the valley along the Supin river. The trail ascends through the fields and climbs high above the confluence of the Tons and Ruinsara gad.
- After crossing the meadow of Devsu Bugyal you reach Roiltia.
- With the village of Osla & Puoni in front and the waterfall nearby this is a perfect place to camp at night.
Day 4: Trek from Roiltia to Ruinsara Lake (3350 metres) | Trek 5 Hours
- On the 4th day, you ascend into the Ruinsara valley. There is a stark difference in the vegetation with pine and fir giving way to birch and rhododendron.
- Ruinsara is a lovely lake surrounded by meadows and rhododendron bushes. It is considered sacred by the locals. The walk through the forests is beautiful, with Kalanag Peak which is perched at 6387 metres visible straight ahead in the valley.
- You will be staying overnight in the campsite near the lake.
Day 5: Trek Ruinsara Lake to Godari (4100 metres) | Trek of 5 Hours
- On day 5, start the day early so as to reach before afternoon. You camp below the pass along the glacial moraine.
- This is one of the best locations for a camp with the valley below and the pass behind you. Camping at this altitude is a new experience which very few treks offer.
Day 6: Trek from Godari (4100 metres) to Upper Dhamni (4000 metres) via Bali Pass (4800 metres) | Trek 7 Hours
- You will start quite early today, the trail heads down south, over the ridge. It is a fairly short but steep climb up to the Bali pass on the southern ridge.
- A lot of glacial scree will be encountered here, you reach the top of the pass by 8 AM. You get a gorgeous view of various peaks from here especially of the Panchachuli peaks on a clear day.
- From the pass, you descend down into the alpine zone and reach the camping grounds of Upper Dhamni. This place has water nearby.
Day 7: Trek from Upper Dhamni (4000 metres) to Yamunotri to Hanuman Chatti (2400 metres) | Trek 4-5 hours
- On day 7, you descend to the forested trail leading to Yamunotri. After a quick visit to the famous shrine of Yamunotri, you make your way down the conventional pilgrim trail to Hanuman Chatti.
- You will be staying overnight in guesthouses in Yamunotri or in Hanuman Chatti.
Day 8: Drive from Yamunotri or Hanuman Chatti to Dehradun | Drive 7 Hours
- This is the final day of the trip and you will be driven back to Dehradun from either Yamunotri or Hanuman Chatti depending on your previous night's stay.
- All transportation charges from Dehradun and back to Dehradun (by Non-air-conditioned vehicle)
- Accommodation in tents and hotel on twin sharing basis.
- All vegetarian meals starting from Breakfast on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 8.
- Sanctuary fee / permits wherever applicable.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- All trekking arrangements - an Experienced team of guides, camp staff, cook, etc.
- Porters for personal baggage up to 12 KG.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 21850 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.