Valley Of Flowers Trek Ex.Dehradun
Walk through the valley adorned with exotic flowers, views a nature lover must not miss, wild fragrances one will not forget. Trekking to the Valley of Flowers will be one of a kind experience.
- Trek enjoyed by trekker and researchers from around the World.
- A six-day five-night trek to the Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib
- Actual trek starting from Govindghat on the second day
- Reach the Valley of Flowers on the third day and Hemkund Sahib on the next day.
- Take a dip in the Hemkund Lake and enjoy the tea from the Hemkund Sahib
- Stays will be arranged in camps or guest houses
- Service of an experienced guide throughout the journey
Why Choose This?
- No hidden charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Small convenient batch size: The convenience of small batch size for best service quality. Maximum of 12 members per group.
- Comfortable accommodation: Stays on all days will be at triple sharing basis.
- Road transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost. Trekking group travels together comfortably.
Valley of flowers is a national park and world heritage site in India and is famous for its wildflowers. Start your trek from the banks of the Alaknanda River and reach the Valley of Flowers on the third day of the trek. The soil here does not hold a lot of water and hence the flowers bloom immediately after the first rain. The valley will be filled with colours by mid-August with wildflowers occupying every inch. For the carnivorous plants among them, the source of nutrition are insects, but these plants can only be identified by a keen observer. After your visit to the Valley of Flowers, you can visit the Hemkund Sahib and take a dip in the Hemkund Lake.
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Joshimath/Auli | 320 KM, 9 hours drive
- You are requested to report at Dehradun railway station or bus stand in the early morning and meet the host here.
- After a short meet and greet, you will start the drive to Joshimath/Auli which is about 320 KM
- Reach there and stay overnight at the guesthouse at Auli/Joshimath.
Day-2: Trek from Govindghat to Ghangaria (14 KM trek)
- After a nice breakfast, start the drive from Joshimath/Auli to Govindgarh and start the trek from here.
- You will cross river Alaknanda over a bridge at Govindghat.
- You will walk towards the Bhyundar valley through the forest area and a few villages.
- On the way to Ghangaria, you can meet waterfalls dropping from the peaks hiding under the mist cloud and screaming white water meanders
- Apart from the extraordinary views, it will be a moderate trail. The 14 km trek to reach Ghangaria takes about 4-5 hours.
- After reaching Ghangaria, relax for a while and have the delicious dinner and rest in the guest house of Ghangaria.
Day-3: Trek from Ghangaria to Valley of Flowers and trek back to Ghangaria (4 km one-way - 6 hrs)
- Start the trek after breakfast, and today you will be meeting the Valley of Flowers.
- You will start the day with a short ascending trek to the valley.
- The gradient is moderate and the landscape soothing to the eye. It will take a couple of hours to reach the valley
- The valley is an unending meadows laden with a variety of alpine flowers, network of streams and big mountains all around.
- You can spend 3-4 hours exploring the valley. Take pictures, run around admiring and relishing the view and the fragrance of wildflowers spread out as far as your eyes can see. Towards late afternoon you will trek back to Ghangaria.
- Have dinner and overnight stay at Ghangaria.
For your information: The prominent species of flowers in the valley are Brahma Kamal, Anemone, Geranium, Marsh Marigold, Primula, Lilium, Potentilla, Ranunculus, Inula, Corydalis, Pedicularis, Arisaema, Ligularia, Morina, Impatiens, Saxifrages Bistorta, Anaphalis, Sibbaldia etc...
Day-4: Trek to Hemkund Sahib from Ghangaria and back to Ghangaria (6 km one-way - 10 hrs)
- Next destination of the trek will be Hemkund Sahib.
- Climb to Hemkund Sahib which is steep at places and will take about 3 - 4 hours to reach the top.
- Hemkund Sahib is a popular Sikh Shrine built next to the lake surrounded by wildflowers you can take a dip in the lake and get a taste of the Himalayas.
- You can also taste the hot tea served in the Gurdwara (Shrine) before returning to Ghangaria.
- Overnight stay in rest-house at Ghangaria.
Day-5: Trek back to Govindghat (9 km - 4 hrs)
- After breakfast, start the trek back to Govindghat.
- It is almost 9 KM trek and you are estimated to reach back by 2:00 PM.
- Reach Govindghat, and check in to a guest house.
- Sit back and relax as you are going to stay overnight at Govindghat.
Day 6: Checkout and drive to Dehradun
- Rise up with a beautiful view at the guest house and have breakfast.
- Check out from the guest house and start an onward journey towards Dehradun.
- You will reach Dehradun by late evening and end the trip here and you are free to proceed towards your next destination.
- Service of an experienced mountain guide and helper staff
- Comfortable accommodation during the trek - triple sharing basis
- Accommodation in guest house/hotels/camps
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-6)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
- Transportation from Dehradun and back
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.