Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal Trek
Take a 5 days trek to Hampta Pass, which is one of the ideal and easiest treks that one can take in Himachal
- A trek which is ideal for the first time trekkers.
- One of the best trek with the best views of Himachal
- A Trans-Himalayan trek to the beautiful Chandrataal - The moon lake.
- Company of a knowledgeable trek leader throughout the trek
Hampta Pass is the most ideal trek for first-timers; it is not only easily accessible and easy to trek but is also simply breath-taking. You can start your trek from Manali at 14100 ft, this is convenient compared to starting from a remote village, and take around 5 days to complete this trek. You can cover such a variety of landscapes in this trek. It covers barren land, lush forests, open valleys, and lakes which makes it a visual treat, ideal for photography.
The Hampta Pass connects the most beautiful Kullu with the Lahaul and Spiti district and therefore exposes you to their rich flora and fauna, rare Himalayan birds and beautiful meadows. Tourists from all over the world come to trek here cherish their soul and heart for an exhilarating experience.
Best months for the trek will be Mid-June onwards till October.
Day 01: Report in Manali and drive to Jobra and trek to Chikka
- You are requested to report in Sahminala, Manali by 10:00 AM and meet the guide here.
- After a short meet and greet, you will start a drive in a shared vehicle to Jobra with your packed lunch for the trek.
- The drive towards Hampta dam is exquisitely beautiful with pine forests, rock faces and trees like Maple, walnut and oak.
- After reaching Jobra, start the trek to Chikka which would take around 2 hours to reach.
- The trek is easy with less ascend and there is a small forest patch and two wooden bridges to get you to the campsite.
- Relax for a while after reaching the campsite and later have dinner and overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 02: Trek from Chikka to Balu Ka Gera | 11900 feet | 5-6 hours trek
- On the second day, you will be trekking from Chikka to Balu Ka Gera.
- The trail leads to alpine meadows, full of interesting flora. After crossing stream at Jwara, a beautiful scenic sheltered valley
- The route will encompass several small waterfalls, lush green meadows, and Dhauladhar peaks will be your constant company throughout the hiking hours
- Bhalu ka Ghera (Bear’s circle), in its literal sense, is a place where brown bears are said to hibernate during winters. A beautiful camping spot and it is here that we will set up our camps for the night
Day 3: Balu ka Gera to Siagoru, Cross Hampta Pass
- On the 3rd day, start the trek a bit early and start the trek to Hampta pass via Siagoru.
- Trekking in Hampta pass just drives you crazy as it is one of the most fabulous experiences you can have.
- It has so much natural beauty that cannot be explained in words. It is a perfect location to click some fabulous pictures.
- Stalls are provided on the way where you can take some rest. The trekking is not that difficult as the altitude is moderate, but the last bridge to cross will take some of your efforts.
- The climb in the last leg is very steep and maybe a little difficult for your legs. As you complete the climb, it will follow a huge descent.
- The descent terrain will have vanished with a flat surface and many boulders all over the place very soon. After travelling for about some time in the direction, you can again see some stream, and you will have to keep left.
- After travelling in the levelled ground for some time, you will be heading closer to your destination Siagoru. It is situated 13000 feet above sea level and is the best place to set up camp for the day.
- The beauty has its own level and gives a majestic feeling when you view the mountains and river streams.
- Today is a bit hectic day as you would have traversed 14 kilometres all together making you very tired.
- Rest for the day after reaching the campsite.
Day 4: Siagoru to Chatru - Drive and short Trek to Chandratal.
- Wake up early morning and have breakfast and get ready for the trek and cross the river which is seen from the campsite.
- Half of your trek is very easy as it will be full descend and the rest of the trek will be very tiring for you to traverse very steep altitude.
- It will make your path difficult when you will face the rock zone. After descending you will see the large valley of river Chandra.
- On the way, you can satisfy your hunger on the dhabas located on the way of your trek. By the end of the day, you will cover 8 kilometres approximately, and it should not take more than 5 hours to complete it.
- You will be starting your journey by car, the roads will lead you to Chandra Tal.
- The sight from the mountains of Chandra Tal is an awesome experience, and you can spend some memorable time over there.
Day 5: Drive from Chandratal to Manali
- Wake up with the beautiful view and start the return journey to Manali via Chhatru and Rohtang pass.
- Total distance is covered is 200 kilometres by today itself and you will reach by evening.
- You can leave for your city by that day itself of you can wait for the day over the hotel and leave for your home the next day morning.
- You will be reaching back to Manali and end the journey with lots of memories.
- Accommodation in tents on sharing basis
- Meals on trek
- Sleeping bag, tents, mattress, kitchen tent and dining tent
- All government permits
- Service of a knowledgeable guide
- First aid and medical kits
- Support staff
- Transportation from Manali to Jobra and return Chatru to Manali
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6700 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.