Panhala and Masai Plateau 2 Days Sightseeing Tour from Pune
A two days sightseeing tour from Pune taking you to the historically rich city of Panhala and the lush green Masai Plateau. Explore the fort, rock-cut caves, lush green plateau and more during this tour.
- Explore the Panhala Fort, which overlooks a mountain pass which used to be an important trade route.
- Visit important go-to places like the Sajja Kothi, Teen Darwaja and also explore the Pohale Buddhist Caves.
- Witness the lushness of the Masai Plateau.
- Company of an experienced driver and service of a well-maintained car.
- Complimentary water bottles and newspapers.
Connect with us Live by clicking on 'Chat' Button or Whatsapp Click here
Panhala is the smallest city in the state Maharashtra and is known for its famous Panhala Fort which overlooks the city. Panhala Fort is the only fort where the great Maratha emperor, Shivaji Maharaj had spent more than 500 days except his childhood homes. The fort of Panhala is believed to be the largest one in the Deccan region, apart from the beauty of the fort there are many attractions in Panhala city where you can effectively spend your time in, like the Sajja Kothi and the also the Pohale Buddhist Caves. This tour will also take you to the green environs of Masai Plateau.
Day 1: Drive from Pune to Panhala and Panhala Local Sightseeing
- Your tour will start with a pick-up from your hotel/residence in Pune city limits at your specified time slot.
- Post pick up, you would be driven from Pune to Panhala which would be approximately a 5 hours drive.
- Upon your arrival in Panhala, you may check-in to your hotel in the vicinity of the city.
- Post a short relaxation period you may begin with the day's tour by visiting the following suggested places:
- Panhala Fort: The fort had come up during the rule of Raja Bhoja the second in the 12th century. The fort has a rich historical affiliation and has many stories that reflect upon its culture. The Archaeological Survey of India has noted and recognized many of its monuments.
- Sajja Kothi: This Kothi used to be the place where Shivaji imprisoned his own son for his ill behaviour and growing annoyance.
- Teen Darwaja: A grand gate which is also a part of the Panhala Fort.
- Tabak Udhyan: A nature park where you can sit and relax to end your day.
- Post completion of the tour, you may head back to your hotel in Panhala and rest for the night.
Day 2: Panhala Local Sightseeing and Masai Plateau and drive back to Pune
- On the second day, after you are all set, you would be driven from your hotel in Panhala to the following suggested places:
- Pohale Buddhist Caves: These rock-cut caves are on a plain surface and are constructed by excavating a rocky area.
- Jyotiba: A very important temple in the Kolhapur district, the deity of this temple is known by the name of Jyotiba, and is held by the locals to be an incarnation of three gods: Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesha, and Jamadagni.
- Masai Plateau: A lush green plateau which is known for its variety of flowering plants and seasonal blooming especially during the months of August and September.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be driven back to Pune.
- Your drive to Pune will again be of 5 hours, upon arrival in Pune, you would be dropped to your hotel/residence in the city limits.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- All transportation in a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Driver's meals and accommodation.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 600 km as per the itinerary (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9360 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.