Deo Tibba Base and Chota Chandertaal Trek
5 Nights/6 Days
The Deo Tibba base – Chota Chandertal trek starts from Jagatsukh in Manali. This scenic, summer high altitude trek winds its way through lush green meadows and alpine forests. With memorable views of snow-capped peaks, this is one of the most beautiful treks in Himachal Pradesh. Mountain streams, glaciers, log bridges… all go into making this a trek worth experiencing. This trek would be any photographer’s delight to capture the mesmerizing view of the majestic Mt. Deo Tibba (6001 m).
Day 00: Delhi/Chandigarh – Manali (12 - 14Hrs)
The participants will de-board the Bus at ‘Patlikuhl’, about 15 km short of New Manali Bus stand. From this pick-up point, the guests will be driven to our Base in Haripur. Unwind at our base camp located in an orchard in Soil. After breakfast explore Naggar/ Manali. Return back to base camp to chat with the team over bonfire and dinner.
Day 01: Base Camp – Jagatsukh – 12 hazaar – Chikka (3000 m) | 6 hours
Post breakfast, we take a short drive to Jagatsukh, 6 km from where the trek starts. The trail ascends gradually through thick pine forests along the narrow Allain Nullah valley. Look out for some of the wildlife along the way.
Day 02: Chikha – Seri (3200 m) | 5 hours
Today’s trail is again all uphill but mostly through birch forests. The campsite at Chikha is almost at treeline giving you some fabulous views. It is a known fact that the Seri area has the maximum wildlife in the region.
Day 03: Seri – Tainta (3900) | 4 hours
The initial part of the trek is all flat and easy walking till you come to a stream. After crossing the stream the trails is uphill through boulders till you come to the camp which is on the moraine.
Day 04: Tainta – Deo Tibba Base and Chota Chandertal (4200m) – Tainta | 6 hours
The path is all through moraine with some uphill stretches. The valley is closed and Mt. Deo Tibba stays with you all along. Spend some time soaking in the glorious views at Chota Chandertal a beautiful small mountain lake in a depression. Return to the camp at Tainta.
Day 05: Tainta – Chikka – | 4 hours
Return on the same route that you took on the way up, passing the campsite at Seri.
Day 06: Chikka – Jagatsukh – Haripur - Manali – Delhi/Chandigarh
Trace the route back to Jagatsukh from where a vehicle will pick you up and drop you back to base in Haripur. After late lunch drive to Patlikuhl Bus Stand. Bus departs at 4:30 pm from New Manali. Participants can then board the bus for Delhi/Chandigarh
**Guests who are travelling the next day are welcome to stay the night at no extra cost.Relax at the base camp or go angling, paragliding, rafting the next day, before we part ways here to meet soon for our next adventure.
- 2 nights stay at base camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand (14 km before Manali)
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during the trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Personal porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (Available as add-on during booking)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for the bonfire, barbeque and all meals at the base in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Maximum Altitude: 4200 Meters
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 km from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back
In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same. For last minute emergencies, we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis.
- All programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
We might be forced to change/modify the itinerary and also reserves the right to do so, due to unforeseen disruptions by natural forces. If any costs increase due to this change, the client would be requested to pay the additional amount in Manali.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
2 travellers found this helpful
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
3 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
3 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
2 travellers found this helpful
Reporting/Start Point:Patlikuhal, Near Manali
₹ 14950 Per Person