Udawalawe Day Tour from Colombo
On this day tour from Colombo to Udawalawe Dam and Udawalawe National Park, you should expect the most personalized service from the point when you're picked up at the hotel to the point when your tour ends and you're dropped off at your hotel.
- Witness wild elephants and other animals in Udawalawe National Park on an opened 4 wheel drive safari jeep.
- Visit Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home and play with baby elephants up close.
- Capture some photographs of scenic Udawalawe Dam.
- Travel in comfortable air-conditioned cars & vans from hotel pickup to drop-off.
- Service of an experienced English speaking driver.
- Bottled water for constant hydration.
The hosts would pick you up on a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle at your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Wattala or Negombo by 6:00 AM to begin your trip to Udawalawe National Park. On arrival at the park, you would be transferred to a safari 4 wheel drive jeep for your tour which will be two hours long.
If you particularly love nature or are interested in experiencing wildlife in their natural space, then the day tour to Udawalawe national park is just what you need. You would see a lot of elephants and other animals such as crocodiles and peacocks in their natural state while maintaining the due respect for these majestic creatures. There's a lot to see and experience at Udawalawe National park, and your guide will ensure that you don't miss a thing.
After the tour of Udawalawe National Park, there will be a lunch where you could buy and eat your lunch to refresh yourself for the rest of the trip.
With the excitement of seeing wild elephants, you step next to see another group of elephants guarded by humans. This place is called Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home. There you will see how to care for orphaned elephants, how to treat them and how to feed them. You might be able to get a chance to feed them a milk bottle.
The next stop is Udawalawe Dam where you be spending half an hour. Udawalawe Dam has a scenic view that would forever remind you of how beautiful nature is. The combination of the landscape backdrop and freshwater gives a thorough expression of the beauty of nature.
At the end of the day tour from Colombo to Udawalawe, you will be taken back to the pickup hotel by the same air-conditioned vehicle. Every detail of this tour is properly overlooked to ensure a premium experience.
- You would depart from your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Negombo at around 5:30 AM. It might take around 4 hours to reach Udawalawe.
- At 9:30 AM, you will commence the Udawalawe National Park Safari on a 4 Wheel Drive Jeep.
- Finish the safari tour and head to a local restaurant for lunch (at your cost) at around 12:30 PM.
- At 1:30 PM you would be visiting the Elephant Transit Home.
- Post the visit to the Elephant Transit Home, you would be heading to the Udawala dam and stop for gazing at the scenic view of the dam at around 3:30 PM.
- You would be transferred back to Colombo at 4:00 PM.
- Arrive in Colombo and safely be dropped off at the hotel to end the tour at 8:30 PM.
- Round trip transportation from Hotel Pick-up to drop-off at the same hotel by an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Transportation on an open 4 wheel drive jeep inside the Udawalawe National Park.
- Service of an English speaking chauffeur/guide.
- Complimentary bottled water 1 liter per person.
- Parking fees of vehicles and expressway tolls.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1886.73 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.