Maldaru Tal Trek
Maldaru Taal is very sacred to the villagers of OSLA. The locals consider it auspicious and worship its waters. However, its location and lovely approach translates it into a beautiful trek for youngsters and seasoned trekkers alike. The approach can be from the Supin valley or from the Tons river valley. The lake waters feed into the Tons river. The final climb to reach the lake is a bit strenuous but the views are rewarding. Along with Ruinsara Taal and Baraadsaar Taal this lake makes up the trio of easily accessible lakes in this region.
- Opportunity to walk through remote mountain villages and experience local culture,
- Walk through great Himalayan meadows.
- Thrilling views of Swaragrohini, Banderpunch, Kalanag and other Himalayan peaks.
Day 01: Pick up at Dehradun/Rishikesh/Haridwar and reach Mori after a 7-8 hour drive with amazing views.
Day 02: After Breakfast, start trekking from the next day and turn left from Netwar to enter the Rupin river valley. Night stay in tent
Day 03: Dharkot to Vishkupri by trek (7km) (2800mtr) night stay in tent
Day 04: Vishkupri to Maldaru by trek (13km) (4200mtr) night stay in tent
Day 05: Maldaru Lake to Odari by trek (6km. night stay in camp
Day 06: Odari to Devsu bugiyal by trek (8km) night stay tent
Day 07: Devsu Bugiyal to Cheludgad to Taluka by trek (17km) same day to Sankri by taxi (night stay our Hotel at Sankri. Trek ends. Next day depart for Dehradun/Rishikesh/Haridwar
- Guide and cook fees
- Rent for camping equipment
- Gorest entry charges
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equiptment. Please note that personal luggage will not be carried by mules and porters.
- All veg meals starting from day 1 dinner to day 7 breakfast. We provide hot breakfast and hot dinner. On trekking days packed lunch will be provided.
- Tented accommodation throughout the trek.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
14 travellers found this helpful
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
8 travellers found this helpful
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
12 travellers found this helpful
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
10 travellers found this helpful
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
9 travellers found this helpful
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
2 travellers found this helpful
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html