Manali Winter Trekking
Do want to trek through an Alpine meadow covered in snow? & See how the old town of Manali becomes even more charming in winters? Then this is the perfect trek to experience all the above.
- Visit the local village of Sethan and soak in the calmness
- Explore the streets of Old Manali and visit some cosy cafes.
- Experience the snow-covered Manali
Experience all this wonders trekking through adorable landscapes of Manali. At an altitude of 9000 ft you can witness the imposing Himalayas with its snow-capped peaks. On day two of your trek through the valleys you will reach Lamadugh where you can explore the lush meadows covered in snow and the village of Vashisht, known for its healing hot springs during the third day. The sulphur-rich water of this pond is believed to have therapeutic qualities. And finally the Jogini falls where beauty wins over words.
Day-1: Arrival in Manali
- The guests are requested to report at the basecamp at Manali by afternoon.
- Today is the leisure day, we recommend you to explore the lanes of old Manali.
- Take a visit to cafes, hippie culture and liberating vibes and dinner is served for the guests.
- Get prepared for the trek and take rest for the day.
Day 2: Drive To Prini and trek from Prini to Sethan Village. ( 3hrs- 4hrs)
- Rise up to the beautiful morning, freshen up and have breakfast to get energised for the trek.
- Start the drive from the campsite in Old Manali to Prini village and from here you will start the trek.
- The trek is a mixed terrain of forest and road taking you to the oblivion.
- Reach Sethan village, a calm place to relax and a place for slow travellers.
- Explore the village and later settle in your cosy guest house and later you will be served with dinner.
- Overnight stay at the guest house.
Day 3: Trek from Sethan Village towards Chika in Hampta Valley (4hrs-5hrs)
- After breakfast, you will try to leave at a reasonable time for you to enjoy the trek in its pristine form.
- Today will be a snow trek towards Chika and you can give yourself an out and out an adventurous time.
- Trek on a snow trail till the point it is doable. On one side of the pass lies the lush green Kullu valley and on the other side is the stark opposite desert valley of Lahaul.
- Enjoy the snowy trail and indulge in some snow activities. After some time, you will trek back from the same route.
- Reach campsite and enjoy the evening with piping hot dinner around the warmth of the bonfire.
Day 4: Departure from Old Manali
- After a hearty breakfast, depart from Sethan village and trek back to Prini.
- You will be driven to Manali and bid a farewell with all cherished memories, and end the tour.
- Accommodation in guest house/tents on sharing basis
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Meals (Lunch on Day 1 to Breakfast on day 4)
- Transportation from the campsite to Prini and back
- Forest permits
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Manali is well connected with Delhi and Chandigarh. Best way to reach Kullu or Manali is via overnight bus from Delhi/Chandigarh. You can take semi-sleeper Volvo AC buses or normal sleeper buses. The bus journey take 11-13 hours to reach Kullu and a further 1 hour to reach Manali. Tickets should be booked online. We suggest you choose government run buses such as HPTDC and HRTC as they are seldom late and run as per schedule.
No, you do not need to buy any advanced snow shoes for this trek. All you require are a good pair of trekking shoes. You can opt for water resistant trekking shoes. Do carry along sufficient number of spare socks. Woolen socks are optional though.
You would need to withdraw any money you need before the start of the trek. ATM facilities are available throughout Kullu and Manali. But you will not find any ATM beyond these places.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4590 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.