Manali Winter Trekking
Do want to trek through an Alpine meadow covered in snow? Take a dip in the hot springs at Vashisht? & See how the old town of Manali becomes even more charming in winters? Then this is the perfect trek to experience all the above.
- Trekking to Lamadugh
- Visit to Jogini falls and Vashisht hot water spring
- Exploring the streets of Old Manali
- Experience the snow covered Manali
Experience all this wonders trekking through adorable landscapes of Manali. At an altitude of 9000 ft you can witness the imposing Himalayas with its snow-capped peaks. On day two of your trek through the valleys you will reach Lamadugh where you can explore the lush meadows covered in snow and the village of Vashisht, known for its healing hot springs during the third day. The sulphur-rich water of this pond is believed to have therapeutic qualities. And finally the Jogini falls where beauty wins over words.
Day-1: Arrival in Manali
- The guests are requested to report at the basecamp at Manali by afternoon.
- Today is the leisure day, we recommend you to explore the lanes of old Manali.
- Take a visit to cafes, hippie culture and liberating vibes and dinner is served for the guests.
- Get prepared for the trek and take rest for the day.
Day 2: Lamadugh Trek (9 km/5-6 hours)
- Wake up to the beautiful sunrise and if you can then smell the freshness of the morning air.
- After having breakfast, we will start our trek to Lamadugh by visiting Hadimba Temple.
- Later, you will enter the forest area via Nasogi village. The day of this village starts early. Shepherds and cattle herds can be seen leaving for the meadows in the morning.
- Gradually, you will follow the trails of jungle till Lamadugh, you will have your lunch sitting across one of the most scenic locations.
- After that, we will start our journey back to the base camp and in no time, we will begin our chit-chat session around the warmth of a bonfire
Day 3: Hike to Jogni Waterfall- Vashisht (9 km/6-7 hours)
- On this day, we will cover the trail to Jogni waterfalls via old Manali, Manu temple, and bit of Jungle walk.
- Once you will be on the top, you will be amazed by the force of the gushing water. It will be one of the prettiest sights that you would come across.
- While coming back, take a pit stop in Vashistha temple and take blessings along with relaxing hot water sulphur bath.
- You can also sit by the German bakery and fill up your bellies a bit so you can save yourself up for dinner.
Day 4: Departure from Old Manali
- After a hearty breakfast, we will check out from the homestay/campsite.
- You can visit markets to buy souvenirs and explore the streets and cafes of old Manali.
- Bid a farewell with all cherished memories, and end the tour.
- Accommodation in guest house/tents on sharing basis
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Meals (3 breakfast, 1 lunch, 3 Dinner)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Manali is well connected with Delhi and Chandigarh. Best way to reach Kullu or Manali is via overnight bus from Delhi/Chandigarh. You can take semi-sleeper Volvo AC buses or normal sleeper buses. The bus journey take 11-13 hours to reach Kullu and a further 1 hour to reach Manali. Tickets should be booked online. We suggest you choose government run buses such as HPTDC and HRTC as they are seldom late and run as per schedule.
No, you do not need to buy any advanced snow shoes for this trek. All you require are a good pair of trekking shoes. You can opt for water resistant trekking shoes. Do carry along sufficient number of spare socks. Woolen socks are optional though.
You would need to withdraw any money you need before the start of the trek. ATM facilities are available throughout Kullu and Manali. But you will not find any ATM beyond these places.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4025 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.