Hampi Guided Walking Tour
The best way to witness Hampi is on foot & is best suited for everyone. Take a guided walking tour of Hampi & explore the greatest site in his walking tour.
- Explore the city of ruins, Hampi which was the capital of the Vijayanagara empire.
- Visit the most famous group of monuments which are UNESCO World Heritage monuments.
Take walk through the Hampi main bazaar and the feel the magic atmosphere of the city and guide will provide you with the most interesting facts. You learn everything important about the city.
Put on your most comfy shoes and get lost among the ruins, bazaars, and the mesmerizing landscape of Hampi. Take on this day tour where you can sift through the remnants of old buildings, visit ancient temples, or simply walk around the city and explore some alleys that will lead you to bustling markets and historical sites.
Included in the itinerary is the Virupaksha Temple which dates back to Ramayana epic. Here, you can see old herbal paintings on silk tapestry. There are also the Achyutaraya temple that consists of hundreds of richly elaborated columns with magnificent sculptures, and the Varaha temple that is dedicated to god Shiva. There is also the main bazaar in Vijayanagar where gold gems and rubies are sold by weight using scale following the old tradition that dates back to their colonial times under the Portuguese. Within Vijaynagar are the other interesting structures of the gigantic Bull.
This tour visits a lot of attractions and historical sites, along the way your guide shows sun rise and sun set (depend up on time). and also you can get a chance to coracle boat riding.
- The guests are requested to report at Lakshmi heritage tourist home by 9:30 am & meet the guide.
- We will start the tour by visiting Hampi Bazaar where heaps of gold were sold during the reign of Krishnadevaraya
- Visit a monolithic bull which is at the east end of Virupaksha temple.
- We will visit Achutaraya temple and Achyutaraya bazaar, which was built during the rule of Achuta Deva Raya, who was one of the emperors of the Vijayanagara Empire.
- Proceed to visit Sugriva caves, which is a naturally formed cave by huge boulders one leaning over the other.
- Enjoy a coracle boat ride on the bank of river Tungabhadra.
- We will visit the old ruined bridge and king balance which is a massive frame carved in stone. The monument consists of two beautifully carved granite pillars with a height of 15 feet.
- Take a visit to Vittala temple, which is an ancient monument that is well-known for its exceptional architecture and unmatched craftsmanship.
- Also, visit Vittala bazaar and head back to Matanga hill which is a perfect spot to witness the sunset.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No not at all. In Hampi many attractions and monuments are actually with a common complex and quire near to each other. So we spend less time commuting and more time at the monuments.
6 travellers found this helpful
Yes our guides are certified with years of experience in running these tours. Our guides are locals from Hampi with good English speaking skills and knowledge.
3 travellers found this helpful
They can speak English, Kannada, Hindi and some Telugu.
5 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.