Rangthar Trek at Great Himalayan National Park
The Rangthar Trek in Great Himalayan National Park begins at Pekhri, which is accessible via an 8 km long winding road criss-crossing fruit orchards with numerous hairpin bends from Gushaini in Tirthan Valley. The pretty village of Lakcha with it's wooden houses is halfway on the non-stop uphill climb and the entire walk takes around 4-5 hours to reach the lovely green meadows at Rangthar. Our camps are surrounded by mountains on all sides and have an almost 300 degree view of the Himalayas. Shepherds come with their flocks of sheep and goat to make this a memorable reward for the sharp incline. Rangthar Top lies in the eco-zone of GHNP and is 7 kilometres from Pekhri and one does not require a permit for Rangthar.
This Trek is suitable for all year round.
Day 1: Arrival in Gushaini and Trek to Rangthar
Drive to Pekhri Village. Hike starts from a village naming Pekhri (2170mtrs) in the Eco zone. From Pekhri you will trek towards Lakcha (2550mtrs), an amazing traditional Himalayan Village. Lunch to be served. After lunch you will climb 1 hour steep through fields and forests. Will be reaching then a flat beautiful meadows top ridge called Rangthar where the camp is to be set. From only this place there is all around spectacular view.
Camp fire + snacks + dinner and overnight stay under camps upon this beautiful meadow.
Day 2: Back to Gushaini
Explore the Rangthar area and after lunch we start our descent back to Pekhri. On reaching Pekhri we drive back to Gushaini.
- Accommodation during the trek (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg)
- Transportation as per itinerary
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader, Guide, Cook and support staff.
- Any permit/wildlife/environment fees
- Mineral Water or Soft drinks
- Any tips or gratuity paid
- Personal porter
- Anything which is not a part of our inclusions
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Difficulty: Easy
- Altitudes Lowest : 2170 m / Highest : 2860 m
- Starting Point of the Trek: Pekhri, Tirthan Valley
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Gushaini, Tirthan Valley