Yunam Peak Expedition
Yunam peak (6110 Mts.) is located near Baralacha pass on border of Himachal & J&K. The Yunam peak expedition base camp is just few kilometers from Baralacha Pass on Manali Leh highway. Yunam peak offers an opportunity to reach 6110 Mts. without need of technical skill except the physical fitness and grit determination.. It also offers majestic views of the peaks of Chandra Bhaga and Mulkilla range.
- Altitude: 6110 Mts.
- Location: North-West of Baralacha la in Lahaul
- Climb Grade: Moderate (non technical)
Day 1: Arrival in Manali (2050 m)
Reception at Pathlikul bus stand by team Mountaineerz. After arrival at Mountaineerz base, rest after refreshments. Explore Manali/ nearby in the afternoon. Dinner and stay at Mountaineerz Base in Haripur.
Day 2: Acclimatization Day in Manali
After breakfast, acclimatization trek to Soil, the oldest village in Kullu. Then, after late lunch, preparation for the expedition. Dinner and stay at Mountaineerz Base.
Day 3: Manali – Jispa (3500 m) | 130 Kms, 7 Hrs Drive
In the morning after breakfast, drive 130 km, 7 hours to Jispa. Today we will drive on scenic Rohatang pass (3970 m). On arrival in Jispa set out camp. Free till evening tea. After evening tea go for an acclimatization walk and back to camp. Overnight stay in comfortable tents.
Day 4: Jispa – Bharatpur (4500 m) | 70 Kms, 3 Hrs Drive
After breakfast drive 70 km, 3 hours to Bhartpur. After Jispa drive uphill to Baralachla Pass (4800mts). Here you can see origin of Chandra and Bhaga rivers and the Chandrabhaga mountain ranges. On arrival at Bharatpur set our camp, free till evening tea. After evening tea acclimatization walk and back to camp.
Day 5: Bharatpur (4500 m)
Today we will gradually ascend from Bharatpur, the trail continues to the snow line. Here we will do some training on snow and ice. Come back to camp for lunch.
Day 6: Bharatpur-Camp-1 (5300 m)
After breakfast we will move to Camp-1. Reach camp-1 and set out camp. After evening tea we will go for an acclimatization walk. Back to camp for dinner and rest.
Day 7: Camp-1 (5300 m)
Today exercise ascending and descending on snow with self-arrest, fix rope climbing etc. Come back to camp for lunch. Early dinner. Overnight in tents.
Day 8: Camp-1 - Summit (6150mts) – Bharatpur
Today after early breakfast at around 02:00 am, we will start to climb the peak. After prayers and picture on top of the peak, we will descend to Base camp at Bharatpur. Stay in tents.
Day 9: Bharatpur - Manali - Today we will drive back to Manali.
Day 10: Departure from Manali
After early breakfast, option of Angling/ fishing (great spots near our base) or paragliding from exclusive spot before driving to Manali. Explore Manali with our tour guide. Bus departs at 4:30 pm from New Manali.
- Free stay on the night before and after the trek at Mountaineerz Base.
- Pick up and drop from patlikuhl bus stop in manali
- Stay in 2/3 men tents during the trek
- All meals (vegetarian) during the trek ( 6 breakfast, 6 lunches and 5 Dinners)
- Experienced MOI and rescue management qualified lead guide and BMC qualified assistant guide
- All camping staff - cook, helpers, etc.
- All trekking equipment (dining, sleeping, kitchen, sleeping bags, mats etc.)
- Horses/ porters to carry your luggage (max. 10 kgs strictly)
- Travel expense to and from Haripur, Manali.
- Client’s Insurance of any form (personal/ baggage/ medical)
- Any personal expense like laundry, phone, beverages, junk food.
- Any expense that arise due to change in the itinerary because of natural forces like weather, land slide, road blocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Expenses incurred due to extra stay on the trek other than 2 nights stay at the Mountaineerz Base that is complimentary.
- Any item or service not specified in inclusions.
- Any sightseeing in Manali.
- ** Cost of activities such as angling, paragliding, rafting etc & bonfire and barb q on the free stay days.
- Snow overalls, crampons, gaiters etc.
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments of Mountaineerz base in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go angling, and interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Do not forget your camera’s extra batteries
- Wear clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- A pair of good trekking shoes is a must and packing a pair of gaiters is suggested.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and carried back.
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
7 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
2 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
3 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
₹ 49000 Per Person