Bhrigu Lake 4-Day Trek
Bhrigu lake is situated on the famous Pir-Panjal Mountain range towards the east of Rohtang Pass. It is named after Maharishi Bhrigu, its believed that Maharishi Bhrigu used to mediate near the lake and hence it has been rendered sacred. Many local gods of the Kullu region take a dip in its sacred water, most prominent among them is Guru Vashisht, who travel to the lake at least once in two or three years. Locals also say that the lake never freezes completely.
Last day is our steep descent to the village of Vashisht. The descend offer a great view of the entire Kullu valley. We walk through forest and slowly emerged into apple orchards and finally reach the Vashisht hot spring.
- View of Pir Panjals
- View of Beas Valley and Bhrigu Lake
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Fixed Dates: Guaranteed departure for even a Single member
- Changing Facility: Free facility for changing and keeping your extra luggage at the reporting location
- Personalized Care: Small batch sizes for individual focus
- Part Payment: Reserve spot with booking amount, Pay balance online later
Day 1: Arrival in Manali | Overnight stay at Old Manali Base Camp
- Report at Base Camp in old Manali
- Relax at after check-in and then we go for a acclimatization walk through Old Manali. You will visit the Manu Temple.
- Briefing Session - Orientation regarding the trek on how to pack your rucksack, walking technique and general information about the trek route.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Old Manali to Kolang Nallah - Trek to Mori Thatch | 1 Hour Drive, 6 Hrs, 6 Kms Trek
After Breakfast we drive to Kolang Nallah and start a trek from Kolang. It takes 3 to 4 hours to reach Kolang Nallah from here. There is a makeshift wooden bridge on this Nallah for most of months. From here, camping site is another 1.5-2 hours trek. Mori Thatch is a scenic campsite covered from 3 sides with mountains which gives excellent protection from winds and offers amazing views of the Solang Valley. It is an ideal camping spot where the water source is flowing across the camping ground.
Overnight stay in tents at Mori Thatch Camp Site. Meals: Breakfast, Pack Lunch and Dinner
Day 3: Trek to Bhrigu Lake (14000 ft) and back | 12 Kms, 9 Hrs Trek
After an early breakfast we start our trek to Bhrigu Lake. It takes around 3 hours to reach Bhrigu Lake. We have our packed lunch on the shore of the lake. We take care not to litter the place. After lunch and spending some time exploring the surroundings, we descend to Mori Thatch campsite and relax for rest of the day.
Day 4: Mori Thatch - Vashisth Hot Water Springs | 8 Kms, 6 Hrs Trek
After breakfast we start the downhill trek to Vashisht which is about 7 hours trek. Enjoy hot Sulphur springs at Vashisht. Trek ends here.
- Camping in tents on twin/triple sharing basis
- Sleeping Bags and Sleeping Mats
- Nutritious food - All meals during trek (Usual menu is veg, Eggs/Canned meat can be provided on special request)
- Experienced & Professional Trek Leader/Guides, First Aid.
- Services of a Cook and Support Staff
- Porters or mules to carry common luggage
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5490 Per Person