3 Lakes Trek in Himachal
This tri-trail trek is combination of 3 most popular trails covering Beas Kund, Brighu and Dashaur Lakes.
Day 0: Arrive in Manali
Arrive in Manali in the morning and reach Base Camp, Haripur, Manali. Unwind after the long drive. Later meet the team. Explore surroundings like the beautiful ‘somvan’ by the river Beas, Naggar Castle, Roerich art Gallery etc. Back in time for relaxed evening over bonfire and early dinner to get up early in the morning
Day 1:Solang – Dhundi – Bakarthach (2800m) 12kms | 4 hours
After breakfast, drive to the Solang valley up to the Dhundi road-link to being the first leg of the trek. Solang boasts of some of the best skiing slopes of India and is the starting point of many treks in Himachal Pradesh.
Gradually ascending from the valley for around 8 km, the trail follows river Beas, many times crossing the stream from one side to the other, getting us to Dhundi. The quaint little mountain hamlet that has nothing to offer save scenic beauty and resonating silence, Dhundi is another alpine meadow full of wild flowers. Set up camp for overnight stay. Packed Lunch, Diner In Camping, Bonfire at Night, Overnight Stay in tent
Day 2: Bakarthach – Beaskund (4326m) – Bakarthach - Dhundi (2840m) | 5-6 hours
An early start to the day and a short climb up the ridge through Bhoj Patr will get us to Beas Kund. Bhoj Patr gets its name from the fact that the area has a lot of Bhoj Patr (birch) trees. We will spend time here at the glacial tarn of Beas Kund – the source of one of the major rivers of north India. The legend is that Sage Vyas, the author of the great epic Mahabharata, meditated here. After a full day of excursion around the Beas Kund plateau, we will come back to Dhundi in the evening. Packed Lunch, Diner in Camping, Bonfire at Night, Overnight Stay in tent
Day 3: Dhundi – Rahni Nala - Dashour Lake (4200m) - Rahni Nala – Gulaba | 6-7 hours
Early morning proceed for a full day excursion to Dashaur Lake & Rohtang pass where your day’s sightseeing and photography sessions are going to reach another level. Almost a level trek going towards the left of the Rohtang Pass leads to the beautiful Dashaur Lake. Return to camp in time for dinner. Packed Lunch, Diner in Camping, Bonfire at Night, Overnight Stay in tent
Day 4: Gulaba – Brighu Lake (4240m) | 6-7 hours
The drive to the meadows of Gulaba will take about 2 hours. The trek commences from Gulaba. The meandering forest trails from Gulaba to Rola Kholi will leave you with an unforgettable sweet intoxication of open meadows, orchards and sights and sounds one will never forget. The view of the Kullu Valley from this trail is something which keeps surprising one with its beauty.
Observe Mt. Hanuman Tibba towering over the meadow in the background. Below Hanuman Tibba are the Seven Sister peaks seated in Beas Kund Valley.
Rola Kholi is a scenic grazing ground used by local shepherds. Located at the base of Bhrigu Lake, it makes for an ideal camping spot. You water source here is Chor Nallah, which flows across the camping ground. . Camping at Pandu Ropa offers surreal views which only the mind can capture. Packed Lunch, Dineer in Camping, Bornfire at Night, Overnight Stay in tent
Day 5: Brighu Lake – Bashisht | 5-6 Hour
Today’s trek is an easy one. Keep in mind that there are many steep downhill sections today. Once you exit the forest ridge, treat yourself to a spectacular view of Kullu Valley with apple orchards that the Valley is famous for. The descent from green fields of Pandu Ropa brings you to an old village in Kullu. – Bashisht, which is renowned for its hot sulphur bath.
The village trail from here all the way to Bashisht is well-defined. The trek ends here in Bashisht.
Once here, you could pamper yourself by bathing in hot springs, before walking down/cab to Manali where you could board the bus the same day to Delhi/Chandigarh. Packed Lunch, Diner in Camping, Bonfire at Night, Overnight Stay in tent
**Guests who are travelling the next day are welcome to stay the night at no extra cost. Relax at the base camp or go angling (some nice spots near our base) the next day, before we part ways here to meet soon for our next adventure.
With our every escapade we bring you closer to the best of adventure travel. We brings you an experience that encompasses the quiet and the wild, the divine, the exotic and the spiritual side of “The Valley of The Gods.”
- 2 nights stay at Base Camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at Our base in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- porterage @INR. 300 per day in case alpine style trekkers need porter/pony
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Maximum Altitude: 4326 meters
Advisory about activity:
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at Our Base in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
5 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
5 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
pick-up from Patlikuhal Bus Stand (16 Kmsbefore Manali)
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.