Ultimate Himalayan Ski Runs
- Season: 15 Feb. – End April (Subject to the snow condition)
- Duration: 8 Days
- Altitude: Min: 2400 Mts. Max: 4000 – 4400 Mts.
- Region: Alpine slopes around Manali (Solang Valley, Gulaba meadows, Hampta Valley)
- Note: Though we would try to find the best snow conditions but at times depending upon the forces of nature and situations beyond human control, one must be ready to accept whatever conditions are available.
- Slope Gradient: 25 – 40 degrees (Depending upon the snow conditions)
Beas Valley is surrounded by the mighty Himalayan Ranges of Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar. The vast terrain above the tree line from 2900 Mts. up to the 4500 Mts constitute the widely extended alpine meadows with the high snow clad summits dominating the background. These meadows are any touring skiers delight
Situated in the Himalayan wilderness, these unexplored ski slopes around Manali, provide an excellent opportunity for the touring skiers, snowboarders, racketing lovers around the world. Backcountry skiing around Manali provides superb view of the mountain ranges around Manali.
- DAY – 01: Arrival Manali
- DAY – 02-03: After breakfast Transfer to Solang Valley Ski hut (2400 Mts.). Introduction of the area and, mild ski touring around Solang. After Lunch climb the Phatru Ridge (2900Mts.). and ski down. Climbing time (1. 30 Hrs.) (1.5 Kms) .Gradient of the slope (25 degrees – 30 degrees) North facing slope. Terrain is open at the top but skiing down is through the forest of oak and walnut.
- DAY – 04: Early morning start towards Patalsu Peak through the Solang Village, cross the tree line at around 3000 Mts. Further the widely extended slope Summit is clearly visible. Climbing time – 6 – 7 Hrs (Depends upon the snow condition and endurance of the clients). Best condition is to start skiing down before 12 noon as the slope is south facing. Slope gradient – 20 – 35 degrees. It is hard to get to the top (which provide 2000 Mts. vertical ski down), but still possible to achieve 1000 vertical. 2 – 3 Kms. Ski down. Come back to Manali and a short trip to the hot sulphur water springs at Vashisht. Transfer to Hotel.
- DAY–05-06: By Transport (depending upon the snow conditions) to Kothi (1 hrs.), and climb to Gulaba (3 hrs.) (Camp) – Above Gulaba are the massive alpine meadows, horizontally extended around 10 – 15 Kms, it houses numerous ski runs in its vast terrain. from one edge to the another, and provide extraordinary view of the Himalayan ranges extending from Rohthang Pass (3978 Mts.) in the north, this pass forms a geographical barrier between lower and middle Himalayas, to the West lies mighty Dhauladhar Range and to east is the Pir Panjal. These magnificent slopes, still lying in complete wilderness, provide the ski runs of one’s life time, length (5 -7 Kms.) Vertical ski down from 1800 till 2500 Mts. and gradient ranging from 20 to 35, altitude from 4000 Mts. to 4400 Mts. Overnight in tents (camp). Back to Manali on the 5th evening and overnight is a hotel.
- DAY – 07: Trek to Sethan Village (2 800 Mts.), takes around 4 -5 Hrs. depending upon the snow condition on the way. Reach the Mountain House. Ski around sethan Village. Overnight at the mountain house.
- DAY–08-09: Climb over the tree line, Ski touring around the wonderful alpine meadows. 3 – 4 Hrs of walk would get us into the slopes of 3 – 4 Kms. With breathtaking views. Max altitude 4000 Mts… Gradient varies bet 25 degrees to 40 degrees.
- DAY – 10: Trek Back to Manali and over night in a Hotel. (Tour ends)
- All Hotel Accommodation, Transportation
- Accommodation in ski hut at solang Valley, wooden furnished rooms with attached bathrooms and hot water with all meals.
- Mountain house at Sethan Village has basic accommodation with 3 -4 people in one room (no running hot water and toilets will be common), sleeping bags and mattresses and our own kitchen. Service of local mountain guide, tail guide for the group of five and more, cook and assistant.
- For Gulaba area the accommodation would be in the camp (two men tents).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
4 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
5 travellers found this helpful
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.