Mantalai Lake Trek 2020
A mesmerizing trek in the Pin Parvati Valley, climb up to a maximum altitude of 5319 metres and explore the wilderness at its most pristine form.
The trek starts from the village of Barshaini, the road-head in the Parvati valley. A moderate ascent of around 5 hrs brings one to Khirganga, which is a hot spring where Lord Shiva is said to have meditated. The difference between the springs here and in Manikaran is that after a bath in Khirganga, your skin will feel greasy whereas after a bath in the spring at Manikaran, your skin will feel dry.
This trek is said to be one of the most spectacular treks in the region that takes one up the lush green Parvati valley to the source of the sacred Parvati River, which is the high-altitude Mantalai Lake, nestled at the foot of majestic high peaks of the Himalaya. Most portion of the trek passes through the outskirts of the Great Himalayan national park and there are quite a few opportunities on this trail to explore myriad flora & fauna of the Indian Western Himalaya. This is the perfect trek for nature lovers and people who have an interest in the spiritual & natural history of the Kullu Himalaya.
Day 0: Delhi – Chandigarh – Kasol | 12 – 14 hours
- Arrive in Kasol in the morning.
- Unwind after the long drive. Later meet the team. Explore surroundings and go for an acclimatization hike.
- Enjoy an early dinner to get up early in the morning.
Day 1: Kasol - Manikaran – Barshaini - Khirganga | 85 km Drive, 6/7 hours
- Travel by road to Manikaran (5 km). Manikaran is a holy place for both Sikhs and Hindus alike and also has the world’s hottest Sulphur Spring.
- Ascent through villages, fields and forest. Kheerganga (2960 m) is also a go-to place with hot water springs.
- You will be camping the night at Kheerganga in tents.
Day 2: Kheerganga - Tunda Bhuj | 16 km Trek, 6/7 hours
- Through forest level walking to reach Tunda Bhuj (3285 m). The trail crosses several delightful pastures supporting a variety of wildflowers in the summer.
- You will be staying overnight in tents.
Day 3: Tunda Bhuj - Thakur Kuan | 16 km Trek, 6/7 hours
- Through birch forest crossing rocks and dense vegetation. This section of the valley is difficult at places as the trail frequently skirts rock faces that are difficult for laden porters.
- Reach Thakur Kuan (3360 m) above the cliff section. You will be staying overnight in tents.
Day 4: Thakur Kuan – Pandupul | 12 km Trek, 5/6 hours
- Beyond Thakar Kuan, the trail passes several Gaddi encampments before crossing a side river by a natural rock bridge.
- You will be trekking for 12 km to reach Pandu Bridge (3700 m) and be staying overnight in tents.
Day 5: Pandupul - Mantalai Lake | 11 km Trek, 7/8 hours
- Trek for 11 km to reach Mantalai lake (4200 m), the source of Parvati river.
- There is a choice of grassy campsites just beyond Mantalai.
- You will be staying overnight in tents.
Day 6: Mantalai Lake to Pandu Bridge | 15 km Trek, 7/8 hours
- Trek back the same way from Mantalai to Pandu Bridge.
- Stay overnight in tents in Pandu Bridge.
Day 7: Pandu Bridge – Thakur Kuan | 12 km, 5/6 hours
- Trek back the same way from Pandu Bridge to Thakur Kuan and stay overnight in tents.
Day 8: Thakur Kuan – Tunda Bhuj | 16 km, 7/8 hours
- Again on day 8, you will be trekking from Thakur Kaun to Tunda Bhuj and be covering about 16 km.
- You will be staying overnight in Tunda Bhuj.
Day 9: Tunda Bhuj – Barsheni – Manikaran – Kasol
- On day 9, return to Manikaran from where a vehicle will pick you up and drop you back at Kasol where we part ways.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- 2 nights stay at base camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
₹ 28000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.