All Girls Parvati Valley Trekking Adventure with Kheerganga, Kasol, and Tosh
Kasol – Tosh – Kheerganga Trek
“Jumping from boulder to boulder and never falling, with a heavy pack, is easier than it sounds; you just can't fall when you get into the rhythm of the dance.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
Having done this trek myself, (though being a woman, I did stop to question myself); I can say this with absolute certainty that The Kasol – Tosh – Kheerganga trek is the real deal in terms of beauty, surreal visions and Parvati valley lives up to its pedestal of one of the most beautiful valleys to traverse through. The beauty of Mother Nature at her best will leave you with a feeling for which you will need your seven senses. J It is a very individualistic experience and for a woman, a rather liberating one. It would be absolutely unfair to try to verbalize it.
There simply are no words! :)
Maybe a few years back (the stone age… eh, eh), mankind was not evolved enough and hence; assumed serious trekking, hiking and mountaineering as an exclusive forte of the “Men Folk”. J
The “All Girls Parvati Valley Trekking Adventure” is an elixir for the woman in you. It may be the drudgery of the everyday life, the smug look on your boss’s face every morning, your kids pulling your hair out just because they think they can do that, botheration of dolling and painting one’s face to look “corporate” enough, the desire to travel, the desire to breathe alone, to come back to life again, to challenge the athlete in you or the explorer woman desiring to evolve; whatever may be the reason…..you got to pack your backpack and embark on the journey of a life time.
THAT IS A PROMISE!
We are a group of adventure seekers, trekkers and travellers and realize the importance of discipline involved in an “All Girls Trek”. We will ensure support to you from the very beginning of your trek with us. The treks will be led by experienced and qualified “Girl Guides” with male staff for support and portage. Our Trek Orientation comprises of introduction with the team and lady guests to break the ice prior to the commencement of the trek. They would share some tips and “what to do” troubleshooting tricks. We would have a bon fire and a pre departure gathering of the guests so they can interact and get to know the other group members of like-minded trekking women you will travel with on your adventure.
- Months: April – November
- Duration: 2 Nights 3 Days
- Maximum Altitude: Kheeerganga:13,051 ft
- Grade: Easy
Day 1: Haripur – Kasol – Barshaini – Tosh: Duration: 3 hrs
The drive from the base camp to Barshaini via Kasol takes about 3 hrs and traverses through the Parvati Valley and along the mighty River Parvati.
Kasol is the hub of the “psychedelic” thought process and other like-minded peopleJ. Kasol is nestled at the bottom of the valley and on the banks of River Parvati. It is unbelievable how the sights, sounds, aromas, fragrances and everything here just engulfs you and you are in another world. People are friendly and there are restaurants galore. It is also a safe place for solo women travelers as it is not very cut off and everything is easily accessible. However, it is very touristic.
From there, it is a drive of another 45 minutes to Barshaini. We de-board there to commence the trek to the beautiful village of Tosh. The hike on the semi tar road is very easy and one can reach Tosh in 45 minutes. Tosh is a vibrant little village with the intoxicating “Shanti Hippie” vibe and charming little eateries and an amazing view. Tosh is located on the face of a beautiful mountain which opens up to a spectacular view of the mighty river and a magnificent water fall. The view of the Tosh valley with Kalga and Pulga dotting it is breath taking. We camp outside the village and explore the charming gem before retiring with a cozy bonfire and some scrumptious dinner.
Day 2: Tosh – Barshaini – Kheerganga - Kalga Duration: 5 – 6 hrs
Tosh is a parallel universe in the splendid morning light. After an early breakfast, take in the intoxicating breath of fresh air and as you walk through the beautiful village, along the Tosh Nala, one is rewarded with spectacular views of meadows and the glacier that will make your heart skip a beat. Trek through intoxicatingly clean and fresh air through lush green jungles and charming water streams and other sights and sounds to delight your eyes and ears. The magnificent temple of Jamdagni Rishi is a sight not to be missed. Interact with the hospitable and charming villagers to know their lifestyle. Once you are one with nature here, depart on your trek back to Barshaini, retracing your footsteps of the day before and start trekking downhill heading on to the mystical Kheerganga. A comfortable descent from Barshaini for about 20 minutes and then a bit of an ascent gives one the feeling of riding an “Organic Roller Coaster”. After that, it is a beautiful parallel walk on almost flat grassland for about 4 hours. The trek ends with a bit of a climb and opens out to the mystical Kheerganga. The charming waterfalls amidst the coniferous forests and the tiny hidden gem of a village called Pulga, rejuvenates a trekker’s tired bones and one almost feels like one just got an Adrenaline ShotJ. Just soak in nature’s artistry at its best and let the photographer in you run wild. Kheerganga is known for its charming little hot spring which is therapeutic both for the body and soul. We camp here overnight after a scrumptious and delicious dinner around a cosy bonfire and just unwind. The feeling of spending a night under the star laden sky and on the meadows of Kheerganga will change the definition of serenity, beauty and calm for you.
Day 3: Kalga – Barshaini – Kasol: Duration: 6 – 7 hrs
Open your eyes to one of the most spectacular and surreal sunrise you will ever witness in your life. After an early breakfast, retrace your steps back to Barshaini following the same trail. Here we board the cab and head back to Kasol. This is where the trek ends. However, we would love to provide you the real feel of the Parvati valley. Go ahead! Indulge yourself and camp overnight either in Kasol or Chalal which is on the other side of River Parvati.
Day 4: Kasol and Chalaal: Duration: Guest speak
Explore the lesser known side of Kasol with our guides and experience the “Hippie” and “Shanti” vibe of Kasol and Chalaal. check out the popular cafes for multi-cuisine
Day 5: Kasol - Kullu - Delhi
carry on ..... :)... Explore and experience the “Hippie” and “Shanti” vibe of Kasol and Chalaal :)
After a leisurely breakfast, pack your bags to catch a bus to Kullu. From here you can catch your Volvo for your journey back home.This is where we part ways to meet soon for another adventure.
See life from a different point of view. You name it and you have it.
- 2 nights stay at ‘dA Base’ located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at the base in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
Advisory about activity –
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at the base in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire (**) before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
7 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
2 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
3 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Patlikuhal Bus Stop, Patlikuhal, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India
₹ 17500 Per Person