Trek to Sandakphu
Trek to Sandakphu
Sandakphu is a wonderland for the trekkers. It's located at an altitude of 11,929ft (i.e. 3,636 meters) in Darjeeling district and on the north west of Darjeeling hill town. This is the summit or the highest point in Singalila range, and is also the highest peak in the state of West Bengal, India. The trek to Sandakphu goes all along the Singalila range.
- Kolkata to Kolkata
Day 1: New Jalpaiguri to Gairibas via Manebhanjan | 102 Kms - 6 hours
After arrival at NJP/ Siliguri you will proceed to Manebhanjan. It will take 3 ½ hrs. drive. After lunch at Manebhanjan start for Gairibas by Jeep/ 4-wheel drive car. Within 3 hrs. will reach at Gairibas. Overnight stay at Gairibas Homestays.
Day 2: Gairibas to Kalipokhri Trek | 7 Kms - 5 hours
From Gairibas, you will trek for about three hours to reach Kalipokhri (or Kalepokhri) at an altitude of 10,400 ft. Initially you will trek uphill through forests of oak, rhododendrons and bamboo and reach Kaiyakatta in about 1.5 hours. Kaiyakatta is about 2kms from Gairibas. Here you can stop for a cup of tea and move on. The trail starts descending from here. In another 1.5 hours or so you will reach Kalipokhri. Overnight stay at Kalipokhri.
Day 3: Kalipokhri to Sandakphu to Kalipokhri Trek | 14 Kms - 6-7 hours
An early start in the morning will take you to our Dream Destination - SANDAKPHU. You will not like to miss out the panoramic view of the snow peaks from Sandakphu. From Kalipokhri, the trekking route gradually descends up to Bikheybhanjang which is located 2kms away. On the way you will cross a place called Bhagsa where you can take a break for a couple of minutes. Then walk towards Bikheybhanjang. This is another small hamlet. The name means "Valley of Poison" because of the poisonous Aconite plants that grow in abundance around this place.
Further 4kms from Bikheybhanjang and now the final destination. It will be a great treat of your eyes and the best part of this SANDAKPHU TREK. After watching one of the most stunning views of Mt. Kanchenjunga from Sandakphu it is time to descend to Kalipokhri with a refreshed mind. Overnight stay at Kalipokhri.
Day 4: Kalpokhri to Tonglu or Tumbling Trek | 14 Kms - 6-7 hours
A descend of 14 km will take you to the Hamlet village TONGLU today.The trek through a forest in the eastern Himalayas, a panoramic view of snow-covered peaks such as the Kanchenjungha, Pandim and the Makalu, a picturesque trekkers’ hut and solitude.The sun rise behind the Kanchenjungha range is a magnificent sight. The play of colors on the snow-capped peaks is worth getting up at the crack of dawn. (Breakfast/lunch/dinner)
Day 5: Tonglu to Dhotrey Trek – NJP by Car | 110 Kms - 7 hours
After early breakfast start trek to Dhotrey by afternoon reach at Dhotrey. After lunch proceed towards NJP by car. Board 12344 Darjeeling mail. Overnight on board.
- Accommodation in Homestays during trek
- Permit charges for Singalila National Park.
- Transfers by Non AC Tata Sumo or similar vehicle.
- Meals from Day 1 Lunch to Day 05 Breakfast
- Guide & Trek Leader
- Extra meals which are not mentioned in inclusions.
- Rucksacks, sleeping bag, Mattress and other belongings mentioned in the checklist
- Camera/video camera/ Porter charges.
- Anything not mentioned in the package.
- All items of personal nature.
- Mineral water.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel leading to an increase in surface transportation.
- We shall not be responsible for any change in the itinerary due to landslides, flight cancellations, weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances. The additional cost incurred will be in addition to the cost
- Museums are Closed on Monday.
- Please note the packages are designed strictly on the detailed itinerary being attached any extra sightseeing and excursion is subject to a supplement cost as per the actual.
- It is mandatory to carry the Photo Identity Proof during travel and have to be presented at the time of Check In in all hotels for security reason.
- No refund for unused service.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
NJP - New Jalpaiguri Railway Station